PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Folks,
I thought I should let you know that if you see Old Dominion Pipe Co. missing as a site sponsor beginning in August, that while we've unfortunately had to temporarily suspend our sponsorship, Old Dominion Pipe Company is still alive and well. I had spoken with Kevin about this a while back and while I hated to have to suspend our sponsorship; being a small, part-time business, we had reached the limit of our advertising budget for the year.
2014 has been a great start-up year for our young company and we appreciate all of our loyal customers and their support. Sales of our cob pipes have exceeded our expectations and recently we just sold out of our premium “Virginia Planter” cob for the season. However, without the “Virginia Planter” available in our pipe line-up and with costs incurred with the planting of our Fall heirloom Indian corn crop, my brother and I had to make the difficult decision of curbing our advertising budget for the remainder of the year. Hopefully, once we begin to produce our Virginia Planter cob after the Fall harvest, we'll be able to pick back up our Pipes Magazine sponsorship in 2015.
For folks still wanting to order our cobs (we should have plenty of “Laughing King” and “Chesapeake” cob pipes available through the remainder of the year) you can find them available on our company website and through our online distributors who are also Forum sponsors: SmokingPipes.com, Tobaccopipes.com, and The Pipe Guys. If you are still looking for a Virginia Planter cob, then you may find that our distributors still have some in stock.
If you plan to attend the CORPS Pipe Expo in Richmond in October, please feel free to stop by our table and say hello.
Finally, while I won't be an event sponsor after July 31st, I still plan to remain an active participant on the Forum. Without a doubt, in my humble opinion, Kevin operates the best pipe smoking forum on the net and I've come to really appreciate the camaraderie and integrity shared within our forum community. I will, however, in compliance with forum rules, defer from using the Forum to market my pipes until I reinstate my company's sponsorship.
Sincerely,
Bob Savage (virginiacob)
Old Dominion Pipe Company, LLC

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Best of luck. See you on the forums.

cob2-0114-600x448.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Bob, thanks for the information. Nothing like a straight up statement of the situation! As someone who has purchased 2 of your cobs, all I can say is they are OUTSTANDING. I'm sure you are more than welcome to continue to add your pipe smoking tips and other advise on blends, comments, etc. We welcome your further participation as a valued forum member. Dave...

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Thanks guys. Glad to hear you're still enjoying your pipes. sallow, like the pic! Dave, I definitely will still be active on the Forum. I really do enjoy conversing with our fellow pipe enthusiasts on the Forum.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Glad you're staying on the forum, Bob, your presence has been invaluable. I have several Old Dominion pipes, including the Purple I was lucky enough to acquire, and I can say that they offer a first-rate smoke.

Hope you have a bumper crop.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bob, I enjoyed meeting you at the TAPS pipe show in Raleigh, and I was just enjoying my Laughing Chief cob

today. Thank you for updating us on your company. I look forward to future news and future Old Dominion

pipes.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
A little sad to see you go as a sponsor, but happy to hear that you will stay on the forum and will keep making cobs.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Glad to hear about your success. I hope the next year is an even better year for you and your company.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Bob, Thanks for being a sponsor while you could, and thanks for making such a nice post.
We'll look forward having you back when the time is right, and yes indeed, please continue to participate in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.