PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Heading up to Oklahoma City for a day or 2. Anyone know of a good shop there? I see they have a Tinderbox. But would rather find a "real" privately owned shop.
RJ

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Rick, if you come to LA, I will take you to all of LA's best BMs. I am a great tourist guide, and know LA like the back of my hand.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Thanks Kevin. I appreciate it. I also found this place and plan to stop on my way home. In Norman just south of OKC. Very good reviews as a"real" pipe shop.
Plantations ‎3207 West Main Street, Norman, OK 73072-4847(405) 364-5152‎
Mick: I would love it. I get to LA and specifically right out in your hood pretty often. Our home office is there and I'm granted fairly regular audience with the big wigs. Which is either good or bad dependent upon the situation.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I know this is two months old, but I am going to respond anyway! Drew's is more of a glass pipe store and a cigar store, they only have a few blends and a few pipes. Now Plantations is pretty nice but their sister store Royal Pipes and Tobacco is so much nicer! I would say it is more of a cigar shop but it has some nice pipes and awesome blends. Bill runs the shop and he is a very knowledgable guy. They just split the shop in two and are making one side into a smoking lounge and bar, it is going to be a beautiful combo ;)
So if you ever happen to come through OKC/Norman again you should message me and we can grab a drink and a bowl (or two) together.
Royal Pipes and Tobaccos Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.