PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Hi all,
I did a post a few months ago a good latakia blends. Got turned on to Larry's Blend and loving it!!!
This time I need suggestions about a good English blend to try. I liked the Early Day 1888 blend, but looking for something else. Let me know family. Thanks in advance!

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Villager 1888=English ??? Do you mean Virginia or did I miss one of them??? Besides Larry's is English
ETA: I did miss it, sorry

Dunhill nightcap...Frog Morton

knightmare

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Dunhill Nightcap

Newminster English Orient
My two favorites -- so far!
Honorable Mentions:

Newminster Ultimate English

PS Proper English

Dunhill My Mixture 965

SG Squadron Leader

H&H Larry's Blend (I know you've tried this, just including it anyways!) / Beverwyck / Daybreak

knightmare

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Eazye77
My pleasure! I wish I could buy Nightcap in bulk. Haven't had any in stock in a long time. When I get enough extra cash to buy more, I've been trying new stuff. So many tobaccos and so few dollars haha.
I highly recommend trying Newminster English Orient, and feel safe saying its my current number 1 favorite.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
I really enjoy Nightcap as well.
Others I really like are C&D Pirate Kake and C&D Constellation.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I am nearly as obsessive about Nightcap as the Baron is about his Black House.
Almost.
Though I must admit that I can't blame him - Black House is some righteous tobacco.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
eazye77:
I'm a little confused about what you're really looking for, since you mentioned that you had found a "latakia blend" and that you were exploring Nightcap. What are you meaning when you say "English"? (To me, Nightcap is very much an English blend. . . and I'm guessing that your "latakia blend" is too.)
Bob

Jul 12, 2011
Penzance

SG's SL

C&D's Crooked Lane

Low Country's Cooper

H&H Blackhouse & Mag Opus

Dunhill Nightcap

All the MC Froggies

GL Pease's Odyssey
I could go on and on and....well ;-)

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Thanks again Knight. I will look into those, however I also tried SG Squadron Leader. Hated it. Left a weird after taste that didn't sit well with me.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"I'm a little confused about what you're really looking for..."
I'm with Bob. H&H describes Larry's Blend as a 'full-bodied English'. And as discussed in another recent post, most western smokers use the terms "English blend" and "latakia blend" interchangeably.
So what exactly are you looking for, Eazye77?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Chris the Villiger 1888 Early Day is an English blend(or Balkan as it's got other oriental leaf in it besides Latakia).
This is from the tin description: "Mature Golden Virginia blended with oriental leaf and latakia from the Balkan Region."
+1 Frog's

+1 BlackHouse

+1 Magnum Opus

+1 Dunhill Early Morning Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.