PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
I have spent the last couple of months getting caught up on all the Pipes Magazine Radio Show episodes during my morning and evening commutes. Aside from having a nice bowlful on each trip, there really isn't much to look forward to. That is, except on Friday mornings IF I don't listen live.
But I do have to say that this is a fascinating show. The information gleened from this show (now, sadly only weekly) is priceless. To hear from all of the industry titans is awesome. I also love the fact that you have guests that are pipe smokers, but are extremely interesting for other reasons.
Brian and Kevin, you guys have done an outstanding job. Each show is better than the next.
And I too joined the NASPC as a result of the show. The Pipe Collector is a great newsletter.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Once I've listened to them all the right way, I like to go back and listen to them backwards.
Cosmic, I hear there is satanic messages and demon screams that way...goes right along with the metal thread, lol.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
Once I've listened to them all the right way, I like to go back and listen to them backwards
Cosmic, I hear there is satanic messages and demon screams that way...goes right along with the metal thread, lol.
Hmmm. Now I need a player that plays 'em back'erds. I think I might need some churchin' before I do it though. Just to be on the safe side.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
riffraff:
And then there are lots of books, if you're so inclined. Check out the recent thread here on pipe-related books. Almost all of them are out of print, but many can be found on the used market.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/recommended-reading-for-novice-pipe-smokers
Bob

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
There's also the Oompaul podcast, and Country Squire Radio.
I have the Oom Paul podcasts downloaded. I am going to start listening to it now. I will check out Country Squire too. Thanks!
And then there are lots of books, if you're so inclined. Check out the recent thread here on pipe-related books. Almost all of them are out of print, but many can be found on the used market.
I am looking at the books too. I have been trying to get a hold of the Pipe Smoking in Middle Earth by Mark Irwin but can't find it anywhere. One site stated I could download a PDF of it but it turned out it was unavailable. Still looking though.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
"Still looking though."
Have you contacted the author directly? That's often the best route with self-published titles like this that quickly go out of print.
Even if Irwin no longer has printed stock of his own, he might be willing to sell you a PDF himself.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.