Okay, I Really Enjoy Frog Morton On the Bayou ...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeyepaddler

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Ohio
First post here ... newbie that just recently got started with aromatics, but I've smoked a couple bowls of FM On the Bayou here the past few days and LOVE IT!!! Looking to make another purchase, but, as most newbies have experienced, I'm quite overwhelmed with all the options. So, I guess I'm ultimately wondering what other brands/blends you all would recommend knowing that my palate seems to prefer/enjoy On the Bayou? Thanks!

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
All of the other Frog Mortons are great. Also you may check out Grey Havens and Deep Hollow from McClellends. Those two are the Virginia versions of what they did with the Frog Morton series with English Blends.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I find all the Frog Morton blends to be excellent. Another you might enjoy and I'll just say my favorite from McClelland is 3 Oaks which is blended with Cyrian Latakia.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I would say absolutely try all of the other Frogs. I think Cellar is the best of the bunch.
I'd also suggest you give a few Hearth and Home blends a shot such as Magnum Opus and Blackhouse. I think both are fantastic.
You also may like McClellands Yenidje Highlander.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Oh absolutely try GL Pease Chelsea Morning.
+1 Early Morning Pipe also Dunhill's 965.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Also since you are new I'd suggest if you like Aro's try Villiger's Mid Day.
To try a flake Virginia/Perique mixture you could give Escudo a shot.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I concur, all of the Frog blends are great. Regular Frog Morton and Peterson's Old Dublin are my two main all day smokes. Lane's 1Q is also in there. Try all of them. McClelland also has a blend called Blue Mountain which is exceptionally good.

Jul 12, 2011
H&H Blakhouse, Mag Opus
Dunhill Nightcap
Also give SPC's Seattle Evening and Plum Pudding a go
NYPC's Hell's Kitchen and Jack's Shanty
and some MC's Bombay Extra
L.J. Peretti's Royal and Omega blends are out of this world as well
Also for something very different (one of my all time favorites is

C&D's Bow Legged Bear)
With all the blends and advice, my two coppers...pace yourself,

take your time as we pipers tend to do and enjoy the ride...don't

worry about getting there...you will arrive and when you do....

Oh boy!

Jul 15, 2011
Boswells Northwoods is heaven on Earth. Larrys Blend from Hearth and Home is very good as is Black House, but Black House can be hard to find. Dunhills London Mixture is a very complex tasting English blend but is not too heavy on Latakia, much like all the Frog Morton Series. As you said, the number of options is overwhelming, but that's half the fun. Two years in and I am still trying new blends and will be for quite some time. Oh, and welcome to the forums!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The reason you might like Frog on the Bayou so much is the Perique component to it. When FOB was one of my favorites I also really liked Two Friends Deacons Downfall and Escudo. Cornell&Diehl Bayou Nights was also a favorite.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Several mild English blends that might provide variety with FM are Altadis Fox and Hound and

Sutliff Westminster, and C&D Ephiphany and Shratfordshire.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I agree that the craftsbury collection is great. I have yet to try va woods or cellar, but In the past I loved the other frogs, Grey havens, and deep hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.