PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beargraves

Lurker
Dec 17, 2013
Vidalia
Though I try (I really do!) to keep current with most of the ongoing projects associated with this thing we all love, there are times when I find myself feeling thicker than a big print version of "War and Peace". Such a time occurred about four months ago, when a bunch of my pipe buddies were discussing the progress of "Father of the Flame" (the world's first attempt at creating a documentary with a specific focus on the world of fine pipes, tobacco, and those of us who love the same), and I hadn't the vaguest clue of what they were talking about.
Curious, I spent about 4 hours on the horn with both the Director/Cinematographer, as well as the producer of Father of the Flame, and got some decent behind-the-scenes out of it.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/father-the-flame
Hope this is of some interest.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
I am impressed by the trailer and am very excited to see this film. I love watching documentaries because I think they are incredibly personal and offer an experience unlike other movies. They open up all sorts of doors of knowledge and insight into a world you may know nothing about, but become fascinated with. Reminiscent of sitting down and talking to an elderly person about their life, their story. You come away with more respect and understanding.
I wanted to visit their website but it didn't appear to be working. Does anyone know what sort of timeline is set for completion?

Mar 1, 2014
I can't wait to see this, especially the Briar cutter. You aren't going to find many subjects with more history in them than this.

beargraves

Lurker
Dec 17, 2013
Vidalia
@rsuninv
"The trailer is very well done. My overriding question is this............if I donate is it going into a failed project or viable project? "
That's always the proverbial $64,000 question. The only thing that is a lead-pipe cinch is the ultimate death-knell of the project, should that final financial bottle neck fail to be breached.
I (and I'm pretty positive I'm not alone in this), have spent more than I care to think about on pipes that ultimately turned out to be dust collectors. Maybe (maybe), rather than toss money at another flavor-of-the-week briar, I can find it in me to roll the dice for a shot at seeing this eventually on the silver screen. Hell, just to see the look on the faces of all those no-smoking folks at (say) Telluride, would be worth it.
Cheers

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
These projects are very difficult to get to completion but for $25 I'll get a nice pipe tool and help a little too. This will never get to theaters but I'd buy the DVD in a heartbeat. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.