Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I just couldn't resist. I found this on EBay while looking for a new "something" pipe. I know, it is from China, but look at it, it looks so pretty. The colors and it says it is a stone pipe. Welp, it came today, and it looks just like the picture. It is a resin of some kind with a stone or ceramic insert. I will soak it in vodka to give it a good cleaning. I know, it is just a cheap pipe, but it is pretty and cheap. If I never smoke it, it will look nice on my pipe shelf. I am such a whore. :roll: Hey, it might smoke OK for yard work.
On the box it says: Durable and can be used repeatedly for a long time. Made of high quality special materials. Not contain any harmful objects. The rubber ring can prevent smoke and tar from leaking. Remove tar while using for about 10 times. Replace with auxiliary rubber ring if damages.
Is that fun or what? :lol:
Below is my shameful link to see it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stone-Smoking-pipe-Tobacco-Cigar-pipe-Stand-Box-HPS-/150619461942?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3316757647366921713#ht_3660wt_1165

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Hey, sometimes it's worth trying something out. I have gotten few pipes that are just pretty but smoke like shit. Not everything has to be practical.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Yeah I can already tell you it is bad. I had to order one myself back in the day to see because of the price. I have no clue what wood it is made out of or the bit, they are terrible though. I actually have two of them, if it comes with that stand in the picture and a bag that almost covers the 4.50 in cost.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
they always say that admitting to the problem is the first step to recovery!

I was told recently that there is no recovery from PAD. Does that make us all terminal pipe whores?
Even with PayPal as a buffer between a seller and my CC whenever I see China for a sellers location I walk on by.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Ya.... fck china made crap. 95% of it is shit.
BUT, you should still tell me how that baby smokes after a few bowls, I expect pics taken by YOU, and a sweet little review of that pipe sir.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
can we get a facepalm smiley in here?

:lol:

Enjoy it, I still pull out my Yello-Bole brylon now and again when I'm in a particularly masochistic mood. :clap:

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Here ya go........
thwap.gif

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Kinda looks like the Hilson pipes,or even the Medico and Yellobole Brylons.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
So I cleaned it with some vodka, let it sit for two days and rinsed it real good with water and let sit for another two days. I loaded up some Capt Black (never a bit in a bowl) and fired it up. The first drag was that old friend Capt. Then as the bowl warmed up something else came through. Like 111 Tri-clor smells and VERY hot on the tongue. Well, I am not going to poison myself with some chi-crap chemical bonding agent. I put it out and set it on the "Gee that looks nice" rack, never to be fired up again. Now, what is that green spot on my lip? Probably nothing, O-well. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.