PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I couldn’t help it. Was just in a liquor/tobacco store and the next thing I knew, I was waking out the door with a tub of Carter Hall and one pouch each of Sir Walter Raleigh and Prince Albert.
Got out to my car and noticed a long hairs growing out of my ears. :mrgreen:
What’s next?

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I walked the dog yesterday smoking some Carter Hall in my Kaywoodie Carburetor. First time I've smoked that in a long time. It was better than I remember. But... I kept looking over my shoulder to see if anyone saw me lol. Time for my nap...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I need new glasses and the shop recommended some retro style frames. I brought this one home:
Browline-frames-from-Glasses-USA-1030x515.jpg

My wife said "no way, first you start smoking a pipe like my grandfather, now you want to wear his glasses, I can't handle that!" So, I stayed with boring.. (and this reminds me to check my ears...)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Don't know how national the ads go, but there's a current series for ______________ about how the actor is becoming like his or her parents. Some are good.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Get one of those nose and ear hair trimmers. I like SWR Aro better than the regular, but you did good. You can always jazz up these codger blends with other leaf as condiments, including other codger blends. If there's some good burley in there somewhere, you'll do fine.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I'm with Ash. No Granger & you're just a poser.
Al, I don't quite know how to say this without sounding like my old man but those frames look like the ones my old man wore in the mid '60s. And he wasn't even 45 then. :mrgreen:
Bill

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Navy was always threatening to give me prescription GI glasses frames, especially after I got frames in Hong Kong that were perfectly round. I had a conventional pair, updated at the time, regular civilian frames, so I never did the GI anonymous frames.

mrbaho

Lurker
Sep 11, 2015
We call the plastic rimmed military issued glasses BCG's Birth Control Glasses. You would never get lucky wearing them.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Think I'm going to start cutting my lawn wearing old golfing shorts, knee high black socks and an old pair of cordovan wingtips.
I think I can scrounge up an old short sleeve button down as well.
Carter Hall as I'm puttering around the garage to top it all off.
Embracing the new me. :rofl:

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
"Accept the change. Getting to codger status is not for wimps and the alternative sucks."

Amen

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Granger and SWR are prerequisites to Codgerism. Carter Hall gets you an intro.

For the real Codger Club, you need to be packing Bugler!

Am I right?

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Red, you have a few of the proper blends and you've sprouted a forest in your ears, so, all that's right in line with migrating to Codgerville. However! You really need to add a tub of Velvet. No true codger would be caught without one.
The last item you must have to ascend to true codgerdom is a proper pipe. A corn cob won't cut it. Those are for hipsters and grandmothers. What you need is a B.P. Jum, Custom Bilt, Kaywoodie, Doodler, or Dr. Graybow. Only then will you be fit to apply for full membership in the codger fraternity and receive your decoder ring and learn the secret handshake.
Cheers,
Chili

Status
Not open for further replies.