OK guys - I Need Your Help - Tell Me Which One To Smoke First?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Guys I just got a package of contraband in the mail from 4noggins and I'm biting my nails trying to figure out which one to try first. Tell me which one you would pick.
1) Mac Baren HH Bold Kentucky

2) Hearth & Home Black House

3) Dunhill Hight Cap

4) Peterson Old Dublin

5) Mac Baren Plumcake

6) Frog Morton On the Town
I'm so stressed trying to decide that I think I need a finger of Bushmills 16 yr single malt to settle my nerves.

Chris in RD AB

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Dang! I put this in the wrong spot. Should of gone into Pipe Tobacco Discussion.

May the forum gods please forgive me.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I haven't tried all of these yet, but by reputation, Bold Kentucky and Night Cap are best had on a full stomach. My vote goes to Frog Morton as well though it may need to dry out a bit first!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks for all the comments. I'll wait until I get a few more votes yet before I decide.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Without knowing what your tolerance levels are I'd go with the FM for openers. Nightcap after a good meal in a cool environment. My own constitution keeps me wary of any DFK blends unless I'm sitting down with a full stomach. Nightcap doesn't bother me but the Kentucky leaf can affect me if I'm not prepared for it. You've got some great blends to pick from there, enjoy.
The Plumcake might not be a bad first pick either.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I think I need a finger of Bushmills 16 yr single malt to settle my nerves
Always a good option! I just snagged a bottle of 12yr Old Pulteny which I'm looking forward to cracking open when I get home!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
bold Kentucky 1st thing night cap 2nd. Kentucky in the morning--night cap to finish off the day

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I'm so stressed trying to decide that I think I need a finger of Bushmills 16 yr single malt to settle my nerves.
Now if that were the only stress one had to deal with this would be one hell of a life!

My suggestion: have three finger of Bushmills, close your eyes and pick one.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Well,

Thank you all for the suggestions. I decided on the FMOTT in a brand new MM Great Dane Spindle Cob.

Beautiful tobacco and it smoked great in the cob.

I think I will go with the Bold Kentucky later.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I decided on the FMOTT in a brand new MM Great Dane Spindle Cob."
That is exactly what I would have done.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I took the plunge and opened the tin of HH Bold Kentucky and had a bowl in my MM Diplomat cob.
Beautiful smoke. Thoroughly enjoyed the dark earthy flavor with a hint of sweetness. Delicious right to the end.

Awesome tobacco

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Glad these are working for you. How about your review...on that Frog on the town?

Do not be fearful of the Nightcap...it's delicious...just be careful and sip...taste...yum.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I'd go NightCap....You need to toss plum cake, it sucks. Terrible crappy tobacco. Especially when it ages.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
In fact return PlumCake and ask for GLPease Sextant....it's what Plumcake advertises to be. Awesome stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.