PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hello, my name is Tom and I'm a Forums Abuser. I decided to enter this twelve step program to lead to a better Forums-restrained, if not Forums-free way of life. Please help me attain my goal of no more than 35 posts a day. To change the things I can and accept the things I can't change. If I PM you in the middle of the night for support, please understand.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sorry, Tom. You've been designated for work release for six months and your punishment is to post and post at this forum. Better luck next time, bud! :nana: :puffpipe: :D :D

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
I wonder how many of those posts have been kind and supportive to newcomers, diplomatic and brought threads back on topic when they have gone badly astray.MSO keep it up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I confess I'm enjoying myself on Forums. It's fun to have a check-in that takes a few minutes, and best of all, that is focused on something that interests me but that covers a wide range of subjects at the same time. I do have to make sure I'm keeping this in balance, using my time well and not neglecting other things. Forums is a comfortable check-in when my wife is getting ready to go out with me, so much better than becoming impatient. Or an excuse to sit down after running around town or doing some chore. As fishn' says, keep it smokey.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Aww man, I saw "18k" I thought this was a pic thread of a new pipe with a gold-plated spigot mount or something...
I wonder how many of those posts have been kind and supportive to newcomers, diplomatic and brought threads back on topic when they have gone badly astray.MSO keep it up.
Seriously, I concur with this - you're one of this place's "good guys". :)

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Another guy with an unnatural amount of posts, all of which are very meaningful and intelligent.
For every stupid post I make, you come up with 9 great ones...
Something is wrong with me...

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
MSO stands for More Submissions Online and is precisely what we are counting on!
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Speaking of number of posts, I think jiminks is the all-time and possibly permanent record holder for posts, currently topping 22K and climbing. There was a Forums member of the past who chalked up quite a number, who possibly topped the rate per month from the starting line, but he was ousted by mods and posts elsewhere. Separate kudos could go to information-rich posts on tobaccos, which jiminks likely also tops, and others for pipe carving, restoration, general historical knowledge, specific brand knowledge, and so on. I can't get on and off Forums without learning something, sometimes despite myself. Most pipe photos to fishn', and biggest pipes to Brad.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks, MSO, but this place wouldn't be the same if you weren't here. Your contributions are great and much appreciated by all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.