Oh mine oh mine... I lost this chance to taste the older EMP again!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I lost in the bidding... Oh mine oh mine oh mine...!

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Uralter-Tabak-5-x-Dunhill-Early-Morning-Pipe-voll-aber-alle-offen-wohl-hinueber-/201298849016?nma=true&si=c1DXZ2fLUjG3dr9e7%252B09N01kbvk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Well, Menuhin, if I read it correctly, all tins were open so I'm guessing the contents were probably as dry as tumble weed. With shipping to the US, probably would come out to near $250.00 for five tins, $50.00 each.
A real risk, IMHO.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I know it's a real risk to rehydrate tobacco (I am located in Germany btw), but I am so longing for the lost flavor in the older versions of Dunhill and I would love to compare it side by side to other nowadays available Latakia mixtures and find one is as good or close so that I can finally rest my mind for the search.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Completely understand your quest, but I just don't think that rehydrated will give you the most fair comparison.
If this is really something you care about, I'm sure sooner or later someone like Pipstud will come up with an unopened tin, at most likely $10,000.00 for a 50 gram tin. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.