PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
LOL and the first comment to the article is from a fellow who goes by FlameCell:
Apparently the writer of this article knows NOTHING about pipe smoking. Not only does the smoke smell objectively amazing, but you don't inhale (not ruining your lungs) and there is no litter in the streets, as no one will ever clean their pipes on the sidewalks.
Your ignorance is upsetting sir.

That article is obviously a denouncing of tobacco, and a celebration of smoking marijuana, and nothing more.
So not worth $70, too, even if I was puffing the mary-jane on the go as they suggest.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
On a relatively, somewhat related myth... Not all black tobacco is Latakia. Although, uneducated pipe smokers often mistake that anything black must be Latakia. A simple pouch whiff should set them straight! Flue-cured Burley and Black Cavendish can look like Latakia but will never smell like Latakia.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Looks like something every crack-head would love to have! Nothing at all I'd be interested in. The

writer of the advertizement is obviously a doper!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
What I posted:

It's "cool" if you want a pipe that looks like a tampon, burns the hell out of your mouth and will get you slammed on the pavement every time a cop sees you. Besides, that's a pot-smoking pipe. People who actually smoke tobacco in their pipes use pipes made of briar, corn cob, meerschaum or clay, and there are reasons for this.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Amen, brother!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Some years ago I drove down to Shreveport to visit a pipe and tobacco shop someone told me about. I had the address but had a hard time finding it. Finally I saw a large painting of a calabash pipe on the side of a cinder block building and that was it. Goodie! I found it. Got parked, paid the meter and went inside. It was all glass bongs and other crap! It may have been a real tobacco shop years ago, but a dopers haven now! What a waist!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Ya that's definitely for the wacky tabaccy, and it doesn't look like it would be fun to use, just more hastle, clunky.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
It's "cool" if you want a pipe that looks like a tampon,

Ummm, I dont know about you but that doesn't look like a tampon in my opinion. "Where do you put the batteries?" And "Is that a gag gift for the wife?" and possibly "are you spicing up the evenings in bed with the wife?"

Those come to mind when I first saw the pipe. :rofl:
And its obviously not for regular pipe tobacco.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
:rofl: Shotgun Hole! I don't feel quite as bad for recognizing that, now.
+1 on lordofthepiperings remark, too. For the cost of that thing, you could get 2 Wellingtons off P&C.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I commented under militarybrat_88,
Now waiting for my comment to be approved lol
Idiots and their wacky backy pipes.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Aside from the fact that this thing is a pot pipe, it reminds me of the aluminum stem Falcons and such that arose as more modern derivatives of the traditional pipe. We should never stifle innovation, my friends. Someday, someone might hit on something that works, like an Aristocob, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.