PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
We're moving to a new house, so I had to pack my cellar. I've recently been remiss at keeping tabs, but I feel I may have gone a bit overboard here :puffy:
zmhXtr5.jpg

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
mctinner1: indeed, it's not even close to some cellar I've seen. Just much more than I'd expected to get our of the drawers they'd been kept in :)
kparker: they filled one large box (there's more than the camera could capture, plus of course the pipes themselves).

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
I wish I could get all my pipes together for a big family photo, but they are all over the place lol.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have about 10 unopened tins. All the rest of my tobacco is bulk. Some of that is pre-blended, and most of it is bulk mixing tobaccos.

The more costly and processed of the blending tobaccos is Periqe and Latakia.

If and when I bring in more tobacco I will always see to it that I have some of these components on hand because they are integral players in most any blend I like and I think they will be safe in their packaging for a long time because they're either smoked or fermented and less likely (I think) to become something other than what they were when I got them, and without any extraordinary precautions.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
That's a whole lot bigger then what you brought with you for sure. Keep going. :worship:

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Some excellent blends in there! Try hiding them away and not checking for a couple years, it'll be fun to rediscover what you have stashed away =)

Jun 4, 2014
Nice looking cellar. Have you gone overboard? No pipe tobacco is never going to be cheaper, and with some blends disappearing due to "our friends" at the FDA it's time to stock up.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
jparker: peck levels are still a looooong way away :)
scrooge: haha indeed! I think this is why it surprised me. I had way less not that long ago 8O
John: they're all mixed on the photo (and some is not showing), but I store a smaller selection as rotation, and keep the cellar itself out of reach. I hope my future self will thank me one day :)
eric: not ashamed. Let's say, gladly surprised ;)
pagan: Haha well, that's moving for you ;) My wife realised the other day that we've lived in 7 houses over the last 5 years. So I'm getting the hang of it :)
derfatdutchman: yes, that's what sparked this acquisition spike, I'm afraid...
philobeddoe: that one doesn't leave my sight!
nate: Well. Organised chaos ;)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Funny the way it sneaks up on you. Have you ever found a tin of tobacco you don't remember buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.