PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I just finished this bent Dublin this morning. It started out as a piece of plateaux briar and as I turned the bowl on the lathe, I was chasing down the residual plateaux that appears on the rim pictures. I chased and chased and chased some more and finally decided that it was going to stay there. I like the birds-eye on the rim; which is probably the biggest reason I left it and didn't rusticate. Here are the specs. My sincere apologies about the stem. It's a bit wobbly as a result of getting too close to the heat gun. Very fine line between not quite there yet and oh-oh! too close.
Bent Dublin

Length: 5.95"

Height: 2.0"

Weight: 2.0oz 56.7grans

Chamber diameter: 0.75"

Outside diameter: 1.75"

Bowl Depth: 1.65"

Stem material: Vulcanite AKA pre-formed

Delrin tenon

Pass a pipe cleaner: yes

Finish: smooth

Sock/glove: yes
LO5mqUl.jpg

J95fH1Q.jpg

KOPbLPY.jpg

EJLbwCl.jpg

n1kXJMm.jpg

jtzHvHf.jpg

0w5oEx1.jpg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Sorry folks for taking these pictures down. My reason is just my total lack of confidence in what I'm doing and I feel embarrassed at my efforts. I'm just being honest. I waffle a lot and at least for me; it takes a lot of effort to post. Most times I second guess myself and then go into panic mode and ask a moderator to delete my post.

I'm agoraphobic in the extreme and my garage/shop is my safe haven. I panic if I have to go to the post office, doctor's office, hardware store. Basically anywhere that takes me outside. I haven't always been like this, well yes I have if I'm totally honest with myself but it seems to get worse the older I get. I'm pushing 64 next month. Anyway, that is the bare truth of why I stumble and often pull a thread down or delete pictures. There is an old Japanese proverb that says, "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

I just keep getting up and chasing things. So if one of my threads disappears or the pictures aren't there; please just know it's my paranoia flaring up for a moment. I'm re-posting the pics, I won't post them all just because they have already been up. I'm trying to push through my fears and keep going.

Kindly - Chris

Ui10dRH.jpg

sN3Z918.jpg

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Dear Chris,

You make me humble to hear your story. Just keep at it, there is some good medicine these days which could be explored in your circumstances, speak to your Doctor.

I was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2013 the treatment has left me with cronic fatigue. I sympathise with your situation, your a master at pipe making, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.