PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Peck and Harris must be up to their old tricks. No sooner did I receive an email notice from SmokingPipes that MacBaren had ODF in 1 pound boxes than it was. . . .gone!
Honest. I went to the SP site just after getting the email. I swung over to MacBaren tobaccos and scrolled to the new ODF 1 lb box. "Out of Stock" blared the words on the right side of the web page. I could not believe it. I mean, I think there is some insider trading goning on (just joking, fellas). LOL
Well, that's the way it goes. You got to be fast on the trigger around here.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
The cube aros have "fruit" essences added. That always frightens me. Now, I have nothing against good aros. I've smoked a ton of it in the past. I indeed like a taste of vanilla now and then. Even some chocolate.
But, I've had scorched tongue enough to know that some of the fruit aros are better left untouched by me. But, having said that, they do look appetizing in those nice big cube boxes, Roth.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Nice to see some more selection added though. Also, theres now some ready rubbed ODF in the bulk section.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Wow, I didn't even know they started packing in 1 lb boxes yet. Maybe it was Foggy. I know he loves the stuff!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just read the add for the ODF and it says that they are offering a ready rubbed version. To me that is blasphemy, how could they take those beautiful flakes and rub them out?

Jul 12, 2011
I rushed over to SP.com, went to the tins section to check

out and snag a 1-pnd box of ODF flake....NOPE! Out-of-Stock it

be :-(

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Good enough roth I will go along with that. I think a ready rubbed version of ODF would be quite satisfactory. But like cigrmaster says those sweet flakes are the best.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
+4 on checking the site after receiving an email!!!!! Sold out!!!! Amazing.

Lots of guys quicker on the trigger than me I guess. :rofl:

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I had some of that silver cube when I first started out. It was fantastic. Of course, at the time I was smoking old Borkum Riff that I think was my grandfather's. Bite my tongue like a shark. I'd be willing to try the cube again, just to see.

Jul 12, 2011
We know tins are in stock ;-) but any of us that have experienced

ODF-Nirvana now know to .....not screw around and buy it by

the pound :)

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I really like this stuff, but I can't see buying a one pound bag of ready rubbed. I've savored every flake that was in my first tin. I'd rather just buy some tins and be done with it.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Samcoffeeman, et al: I just checked SP.com again. Here is the information on the MacBaren page concerning ODF in 1 lb box:
We apologize, but this item is temporarily out of stock. Please check back with us in a few days.
I am chomping at the bit to get a pound of this stuff, I don't care if it is ready rubbed, rub-a-dub-dub or stripped straight from the tobacco stalk!
Now, your computer might be faster than mine and gets you into the future. Mine just smokes and whistles when I cut it on, so I'm just saying, that is what I found on SP.com a few minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.