PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethaniel93

Lurker
Apr 10, 2016
Where I live there's no shortage of antique stores, while blundering through one of my favorite ones I came across an unusual item the tag on it said primitive wooden pipe. I decided to buy it, now here's my reason for positing: I have no idea how old it is, what kind of pipe it is, and most of all how to use it. As soon as I figure out how to put a picture on here I'll add one of the pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All-wood pipes have been made over the years, and they seem to be back in production. PC among other online retailers sell a nice variety ... I'm forgetting the brand name, but they are in their paper catalog as well. A posted photo may give some of Forums pipe history scholars a shot at identifying yours. All-wood pipes with a little wear can look ancient even if they aren't. But they are nifty looking pipes, and I hear some of them are good smokers. Family has given me an all wood Haitian pipe that is bolstered in the bowl with hammered tin-can metal. This I will not smoke, but it is an interesting artifact. Since you live in an area with antique shops, you might want to give some of the more alert shop owners your name and phone number, to give you a call when they get tobacco pipes.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
20160410_141045-600x360.jpg

I think this is it

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Looks like a Chinese style water pipe that's missing a bowl. Hard to see though...

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Usually there is a bowl attached. Google 'Chinese water pipe' and you'll see what I mean. Looks to me like a tourist item.
20160410_161722-600x360.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.