PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
My local B&M had to order me a tub of PA and said not much call for it. Thing is, I LOVE the stuff! Any others think it's great or am I the odd ball?

Also, if I like Prince Albert this much can any one suggest other blends that I may like?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
PA is my no. 2 smoke. Love it straight or mixed with a little Walnut,SWR,Sugar Barrel and others.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I mixed my PA with Natural Dutch Cav and liked it a bunch too! Carter Hall is next on my list. To this point PA and some really nasty Wallgreens stuff are the only OTC's I have tried and was quite surprised by the taste of the PA. It is also, IMHO, a great smoke for a newb. For me it burns cool and stays lit with little thought to the pipe itself so I find it great to smoke when playing guitar or whatever.

Thanks guys!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Smoke what you like! Must be a lot of oddballs out there since those brands are still on the shelf. I remember when I had Prince Albert in the can... But I let him out! :nana:

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
PA truly is a great smoke. From what I hear the tubs taste slightly better than pouches. There is also PA Choice which some say is better than regular PA. I have only tried it from the pouch but I do like it a lot.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Prince Albert is number 5 on Tobaccoreviews.com very short list of "Hall of Fame".

Good stuff !
"The Pipe Tobacco Hall of Fame was designed by the users and editors of Tobacco Reviews to recognize those tobacco blends, old and new, that have had a major impact on the hobby of pipe smoking, and on the pipe and tobacco industry. These pipe tobacco blends are those that have withstood the test of time and changing tastes, become benchmarks by which all other tobacco blends are measured, or otherwise enriched or revolutionized the hobby of pipe smoking."

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
PA, SWR, and CH are a couple of the tobaccos I have been buying and and adding to my cellar for the coming dark ages. I figure the sealed tubs will out live me should I expire before before my supply....I hope to go out when I have completed my final bowl from my cellar. Can't have the kids fighting over the cellar when I'm gone you know. :puffpipe:

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
I've got to try some of these classics still... but the only time I think about it, is when I see them in the whole tub at my local B&M... which I obviously don't want to buy if I don't like it. So I'll have to wait till I can get an ounce online.

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
PA,is a great old codger burley that has been around forever,don't forget SWR,GRANGER,H/H,KENTUCKY CLUB,VELVET and the list goes on and on,smoke what YOU like and the hell with the others.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Well I got a tub of PA and jarred it up. The tub was very fresh and smelled great! My VA/Per's and English blends seem to require a lot of attention from me still and I like that this PA can just be stuffed in lit up and puffed on! I can even smoke this stuff playing guitar! I have some Carter Hall and Burley #1,2,and 3 coming as well.

Looks like I'm in good company cuz some of you jokers are some real odd balls yourself! Thanks all for the input and suggestions! Im having so much fun trying blends and trading pipes I find! What a wonderful alternative to them damn ciggs I smoked for 25+yrs. Btw, over three weeks since a nail! Woo hoo and yay ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.