PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eusebius

Lurker
Jun 19, 2014
So, I don't need a new pipe as I have several already that serve me well, but I am *very* interested in purchasing a squat tomato. Something about the shape just appeals to me. Does anyone have suggestions on which makers I should look at?

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Sounds like a precursor to PAD.

Two options: get help now or join the dark side.

I have over 100 pipes. I swear I can stop anytime I want to.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I currently rotate about two dozen pipes of various shapes and construction. I have another group that I don't even smoke....and I'm still looking at acquiring more. I've binged on the cheap for estate briar and MM seconds and I've sprung for collectible and new pipes.

Initially I think I was obsessed. It was just about the most fun I've had in a long time. I've enjoyed myself and I don't regret the indulgence.

I saved one of those Dove chocolate wrappers with the little message inside that says: "give yourself permission" and I refer to that from time to time.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My wife thinks I'm intensely obsessed with pipes and smoking. However, she's the one that bought this Golden Gate squashed tomato for herself. It's made in the Ukraine and sold on Amazon. Quite a nice pipe for less than $60, and I've smoked it on several occasions, and found it a great smoking pipe!

img_0141-600x450.jpg

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
"Intensely interested" sounds so much better than "obsessed"..... yes, I am quite sure that I am intensely interested in pipes.... :mrgreen: :lol:
@Orley: That tomato looks very nice! Looks like a steal for just 60 quid...

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
After picking up another Rossi 8320 Author on a whim, I'm also finding myself "intensely interested" in the Author and related shapes, including Squashed Tomatoes, certain variations on the Prince shape, and a couple of oddly shaped Apples...
Brebbia is on the short list, as is Neerup, and there's a Mark Tinsky that was just listed at Smoking Pipes that's quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.