PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Al if this is a no no, delete it. My wife and I watch Danceing with the Stars, have watched all segments, we enjoy the costumes, music, I even endure my Oldest sons ribbing about the show. They are drafting the lying weasel Ryan Lochte for the program, Rateings are everything, I will tape the show for the wife but I will not watch, the man sullied the honor of his fellow Americans and Athletes. Do I think other people will not watch, NO, do I think I will change anything NO, but I will not watch. To me he's Jane Fonda.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I don't watch, but why does the guy get a "pay day" for lying? There are no real repercussions for lying anymore, well at least for the elite it seems. I don't get it...

Eh maybe not Jane Fonda, but more like a spoiled brat privileged piece of lying scum. He is trying to do some serious damage control. Hopefully, it won't work. I was hoping that we would send him back to Brazil to face charges, like his friends that he left there. He, more than anyone else I can think of, deserves to see the inside of a Brazilian prison for a while.

Dec 24, 2012
He didn't lie, he "over-exaggerated".
Don't worry Bradley, things will be better next season when Bo Bergdahl joins the cast.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Don't blame you! I don't watch Dancing with the Stars, but I did take a similar stance with The Voice. My wife and I have watched the program from day one, but I won't watch this season now that they have added Miley Cyrus as a judge. The direction the young women has chosen to make herself famous is disgusting at best.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
While I already think Dancing with the Stars is just another show to dumb down our society, the addition of Lochte doesn't surprise me. It's the liars and cheaters who seem to get ahead these days. I'm in my early 30's and this is a sad fact I've observed over the last few years. It's the honest folks who get the shaft.

Dec 24, 2012
In all seriousness though, my biggest issue is that he has not admitted that he lied. But let's be honest-- lying to police in Brazil to cover up some drunken vandalism is not as serious, in my view, as driving while intoxicated, which Phelps did, and the public (rightly, in my view) forgave him when he admitted his wrongdoing and was contrite. Lochte is just another pampered athlete who did something stupid while under the influence.
And there is no way the US is going to extradite him to Brazil. Nor should he be extradited, because Brazil itself has openly defied its extradition treaties on numerous occasion and has refused to extradite Brazilian citizens abroad for far more serious crimes than what Lochte is accused of.

But Phelps is protected by the gods...

Poseidon_Neptune_Greek_God_Art_01_by_GenzoMan.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
And, as it should be.
I just wasted ten minutes reading up on Bergdahl, somehow forgot about that douche.
And I will FF through Voice, hoping Ms. Cyrus gets ripped a few new ones by fellow judges.
[Aside: I generally FF through the background, ads, etc. of The Voice, hearing a few seconds of the actual performance, FF again unless the singer is good. Get through two hours in about twenty minutes. ]

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Don't worry Bradley, things will be better next season when Bo Bergdahl joins the cast.
He's joining at the same time as our Wiener boy! Dancing wt Stars will have a special competition on texting and photo shots of private parts.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Haven't been around for a while. If feels strange logging back in.
In listening to sports talk radio during the Olympics I learned that the US Olympic Commission pays our amateur athletes $25,000 for every gold metal they win & they have to report it as income to the IRS. Several athletes have outstanding tax bills for past Olympic yrs.
Reading Peck's post about Brazil's record concerning extradition, isn't that where the Anglin brothers supposedly spent the remainder of their lives after escaping from Alcatraz?

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Jane Fonda visited an air artillery battery of of foreign government that was actively attacking American servicemen. Ryan Lochte was a douchebag. Whilst I agree with you in theory, that Lochte should not gain financially by his actions, which made the U.S.A. look bad in the eyes of the world. Fonda and Lochte can hardly be equated.

Status
Not open for further replies.