PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I mentioned this over at the article as well, but I think this isn't an entirely terrible sign. Increased tax sucks, yes. But if they are making 10 year plans to use that money, than that's 10 years they WON'T be trying to ban tobacco entirely. :puffy:

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
If I understand correctly, pipe tobacco would be considered RYO tobacco with the accompanied tax rate? What would that mean in terms of price increase per tin?

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I guess this is what the majority asked for. Can't believe that SS & Medicare is all of a sudden going to be played with either.

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
What we need is the non big cig tobacco guys to stand together. There is a cigar lobby, a pipe lobby, a smokeless lobby, a RYO lobby, all of which are to small to matter, and the politicians like us divided. (Ok, the cigar guys have buttloads of money to toss around ad a lot of richy richs and politicians smoke cigars. Just not the OTC/gas station variety they want to tax.) Anyway, if we could all just stand together we might , might , get their attention. Alone? We're hosed.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
+1 Bigmick

The only way we have a chance is if the tobacco industry and all users of all types stand together. They will never outlaw tobacco but taxes us to death they will do. Everyone needs to let their voices be heard. The dem. and rep. may fight and change many parts but the tobacco taxes they want fight about unless they hear from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.