Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'll be in NYC tomorrow evening for the NYC pipe club meeting:

http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/
I'm hoping to meet forum members "dmcmtk" (New York) and "fyol"(India!) at the club meeting.
Is anyone else in the area interested? I'm taking the bus in from NJ (Secaucus), if anyone is on the Jersey side of the city.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of the famous restauranteur families in Raleigh, N.C., are the Carbones. They opened one of the first Italian restaurants in the early 1950's, and the second generation has one that has been thriving here for almost 30 years. I wonder if Lou Carbone there in SoHo is any relation. I think the Raleigh Carbones came here from Brooklyn.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, the snow storm here tonight/tomorrow may curtail my travel as well. I'll have to check with Lou on his NYC ancestry. There were no doubt a lot of Carbones that came thru NYC! (or still reside there).

skaukatt

Can't Leave
I hope you do decide to join us, Al! The storm amounted to nothing here in NYC today and I know a dusting is predicted for tomorrow. I hope it does not deter you!
I am not related to the restaurateurs from NC, as far as I know! I do have a large family, though.
Hope to see you and safe travels!
Lou

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, another terrific NYC pipe club meeting. They had a full house this evening, with almost all of the regulars. Forum member "fyol", a college student from Turkey made it to the event and seemed to really enjoy himself. One member (Martin), always has some unobtainable blend to try and he didn't disappoint this evening.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Yes, Al, we had a great crowd last night, so glad you made the trip and we definitely made it worth it for you!
So glad to see four new faces as well, you had mentioned Berkant from Turkey, we had Eddie O, Chris I believe and Matt originally from Edinburgh but now, the Bronx! Also, Michael a new member from last month returned for a second time!
Funny, the life of a pipe club pres., I always think to myself on my way to a monthly meeting, it's gonna be just me and the waitress tonight, and I am so glad I am always wrong and pleased with the great turn out!
IPSD is next, then the March meeting and the NY (Newark) Show!
Hope to see you again soon, Al,
Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.