PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thats going to be difficult since we are both Condor junkies but thank you for the good vibes and will report back and try and take a few pictures! :)

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I know! It really should not attempt humor that late in the evening. See you tonight and I will be carrying plenty of the 'Green Goddess' so it will splendid to catch up!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The June meeting is tomorrow night - anyone going? Alan said he'll be attending and I'm making the trek from Secaucus, where I'm working.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Circa Tabac (Soho?) Details are here:

http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/

The place is somewhat small and dark, give me a shout if you make it. I'll be there around 6, probably stay until 10 or so.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I made my semi-annual trek into NYC this evening for the club meeting. It took me forever to get thru the tunnel, but it was worth the effort (as usual!). Forum member Allan and his buddy Roger were there and it's always wonderful to meet forum members for the first time.
Allan and Roger showed me their wares from last months Chicago show and I vow to make it next year. This shot took longer to take than Scorsese shot Goodfellas, but here's the group (L: Al, Roger & Allan)

There are always an interesting mix of pipe smokers at this meeting. There weren't as many members or bar patrons tonight, which can be a blessing at this tight location. I was able to move around a bit and chat with all the regulars that I've known from past meetings.
If you live in or around the NYC metro area, definitely give the club a shot. (food and drinks are also reasonable).

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Al - maybe next time you tunnel across the Hudson to do this meeting, I'll meet you in NJ and we can share the misery of getting there. Although I'm a dues paying member of this great club, the only meetings I've made are their summer picnics, but they're in Jersey, not far from Princeton.
hp

les

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
What a year for me! Actually getting to meet members of the forum who I like and respect! (except for Peck, of course).
So far, every person I've met from the forum is gregarious, extremely social and yet introspective; all at the same time. Qualities that I greatly admire.
Al, great meeting and speaking with you and hope to see you at more meetings. Your knowledge of pipes and tobaccos is invaluable to me.
the only meetings I've made are their summer picnics,
Les, I can't make the summer bbq's in Jersey, busy on all weekends with something or other.
Maybe you'll wander into a meeting in the city one some random 2nd Tuesday of the month for the meeting. Hey, as far as traffic is concerned, I come from the Bronx and go home to Northern Westchester!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hmm, I've never been called introspective...but the pleasure was all mine Allan!
Les: I'm definitely driving into the city on my next visit and I'll give you a shout to tag along. It took about 75 minutes to ride in on the NJ Transit bus. The guys tell me the Holland is easier if I would have waited a little. Allan parked right outside the restaurant.
Thanks for the hospitality NYC Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.