PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
I have off work that day too...tempting but not sure I can make it, never been though, would love to hang

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
doc - this is the New York Pipe Club monthly meeting. The (now yearly) Pipe Show will be at the same Newark venue near the airport on March 9. http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/
hp

les

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Hi all
Just an update on the NY pipe club meeting on last Tuesday night at Cafe Tabac in Soho.
First of all, what a great bunch of people-men and women. Each person I met was so anxious to share info and tobacco and general experiences pipe smoking-just like this forum, except one on one. I brought a new pipe smoking buddy of mine to the meeting and he immediately felt welcome and was able to gleen quite a bit of information on our wonderful hobby.
At the meeting, the president Lou Carbonne brought in some 'extra' pipes and tobaccos that needed a home. I took a simple straight polished briar-no name, no info, but a group 4 or so in size. It needs alot of cleaning, but hey, for free, who cares?
For me its a long trip down after a full day's work and the start time is early, but it doesn't matter because i left at around 10:30 and people were still there at 11:30pm!
If there are any people in the general NYC area on this forum, you should really try to come to a meeting, which is held on the second Tuesday of each month.
The web site is; NYPipeclub.com
Thanks

Allan

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'm hoping to make it to the meeting in March. I haven't been to a meeting yet.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I have been dying to go. I am trying to make a concerted effort to get to the March meeting with my brother.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Thank you, Allan it was great seeing you and meeting Roger and I was so glad you both could join us at our meeting. It was a banner night for attendance which couldn't make me more proud!
The invitation, as always, is extended for any and all who would like to come out the second Tues. of each month at Circa Tabac in SoHo for some light fare, fine libations, great folk, fantastic pipes and tasty tobacco!
I hope to see you and many more at Circa Tabac in March. The website address is: http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com/
All are welcome!
Thanks for the kudos and hope to see you soon.
Lou

rabblerouser

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
Sadly, I'm a college student in upstate New York who has class on Wednesdays (though it's in the afternoon). I guess I could take a train in if I planned carefully, but don't fancy booking a hotel. If I ever get my college pipe club started, it could be a field trip of sorts. :P We'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.