PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
I was browsing around,and was wondering if anyone knows of any clubs, or individuals who are around the northwest Indiana area?

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Hola. I'm in South Bend. I asked at the Mishawaka Tinder Box but they said they didn't know of any clubs. That was 3 years ago though.
I've seen 3 other pipe smokers in the area. My father, a lawyer downtown with a Peterson, and the crazy guy who lives a block over and walks around with a staff.
I know they're around, but I don't get out much except to work or run kids places.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I'd drive over to the CPCC meeting tomorrow night. Traffic shouldn't be a big deal. If I was within a couple hour dive I'd go. 8O

dude01

Lurker
Nov 18, 2016
Hello
I just posted this reply to another Indiana piper.

Sorry for the cross post to another enquery.
I'm new to the area but not pipes (I've smoked off/on for over 50 years).

We recently took a trip to Traverse City and I realized SB/Mish is not that far. An ever other month or so trip would be fine.

I'm in Crown Point; the area is poor for pipe shops but I would be interested in being in a group.

I'm retired and so can take the time to drive if I don't have to spend the night.
Also I would like to correspond w/people who know what shops are where and what they carry.

I plan to go into Chicago in a month or two (when the weather is not too bad) and check out a couple of shops I've heard about.
Sorry for the rambling tome but I want to get some info on me out there and see if can find a like mind person or two

Thanks

Gary

waybackin67

Lurker
Jan 18, 2017
Greetings!
I'm new to this site, but a life long cigar and pipe smoker. I'm originally from Crown Point, but after retiring from the Army in 2014 I relocated to Valparaiso. Pipe smoking shops and supplies are pretty thin here in NWI. I purchase everything online these days. If you're looking for a real pipe shop, you really need to visit Iwan Ries in Chicago. Sometimes you just have to see, feel, smell, etc., things in person. If you are in Bloomington, IN; check out the pipe and cigar shop in Bloomington's square. Tons of pipes and lots of great tobacco choices on hand...as well as a free lounge.
For the most part, the cigar shops in the area that have lounges don't sell pipes and do not allow pipe smoking. Unfortunate, but understandable. As an exception, CDO in Valparaiso (on Calument Ave, by Blythe's Sporting Goods) has a small free lounge and they do sell pipe tobacco and I believe that they allow pipe smoking. It's not a place with a lot of "soul" and therefore kind of sterile for me.
If anyone is interested in getting a group together for a smoke, let me know. I have many tobaccos on hand that I would be willing to allow folks to try. Likewise, if I can be of assistance to any pipe (or cigar for that matter) smokers in the area, let me know.
Mike

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Make the drive to join us for the Chicago Pipe Collectors Club! Monthly meetings at 8 To 8 in the western suburbs. http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/events

weedsnager

Can't Leave
Jun 30, 2015
Nw Indiana
I'm from St John.
Guys there's a small place in Schererville, with the best selection of pipe tobacco I've seen in the area. He has around 10 different blends of loose tobacco and about 15 different tins
First tobacco

1312 W US Highway 30

Schererville, IN 46375

tch7

Lurker
Aug 7, 2017
I'm in Warsaw and have been trying to find a Pipe Club in the northern Indiana area and haven't had any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.