PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2014
Ok, I was wanting a new pipe which shall be dedicated solely to G&H Ropes and I found this Peterson
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=158315 bought it.
Anyway, They are having a buy a Pete get a Free tin promo going on so I choose something I would never otherwise buy. Nutty Cut. Does anybody have any experience with this stuff? or should I have stuck with a known good in Irish Flake?

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Peterson makes some really good leaf. I've never had the nutty cut but I wouldn't mind trying it.
My favorites are perfect plug and university flake.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Man if I filled that D6 bowl with rope I'd be begging for mercy after a quarter of it. Even my bitty 317 only gets filled about halfway.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I'm a big fan of Peterson's pipes, but for the most part, I've never been too impressed with their tobacco.

The only one I've tried and actually liked, was University Flake.

I have smoked Nutty Cut a few times, it's not terrible, but not very good either.

It just has an odd flavor, for my taste anyway. Who knows, you might like it. A lot of people do.
Ps. I have a tin of 3 P's in the cellar that I've not tried, I actually have high hopes for that one!

Oct 12, 2014
"Man if I filled that D6 bowl with rope I'd be begging for mercy after a quarter of it. Even my bitty 317 only gets filled about halfway. "
Years of smoking non-filtered cigs (not anymore though YAY!) with dipping thrown in here & there have left me basically immune..that said if I smoke it fast I'll notice it. More so with Cotton Boll..its higher powered then the SG/G&H ropes are.
As for Peterson Tobaccos I only like Irish Flake..never been impressed with the others. I too have a 3P waiting in the cellar for when the mood strikes for something fruity..hope I like it as well.
It was a thrown in deal so I thought what the hell..nutty cut. Cause yeah I wouldnt normally buy it. Reviews do seem kinda love it/hate it.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I have never bought any Nutty Cut but did have the opportunity to sample a couple of bowls at a pipe show a couple of months back. Needed to be rubbed out a little bit right out of the tin but offered a mild dried fruit & macadamia nut flavor starting mid-bowl, and left a nice macadamia nut aftertaste & mustache note if you have any palate left. ;)
Not something I would want to smoke year around but I have recently thought of picking up a tin for the holidays.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Nutty Cut is rather like 1-Q, just not as sweet and with a definite hazelnut/macadamia flavor. Not bad to an Aro smoker, but others won't care for it.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I would put it on the lower end of the aromatic spectrum. If you're going to get a Peterson tin skip the rest and pick up Old Dublin. One word - BASMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.