PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
There are many tobaccos out there, including quite a few excellent ones, but only a small number are truly sublime. IMHO, Nut Brown Burley by Pipeworks and Wilke is one of these. Ordering it, as some of us know, is an on again, off again sort of thing, with Carole reserving it for some of her best customers. Yesterday she told me that she would produce it in greater quantity if enough people indicated a desire for it. So that's the story, you straight burley lovers. Go for it, tiger!

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Rav, I looked up this blend on TR and didn't really feel like I got a good feel for what exactly makes this blend so special. It sounds like a nicer version of Burley Light Without Bite. Am I missing something?

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
I want to try this blend.... I hear the dog whistle, too, MSO.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
In the interim since this tread was first started by ravkesef, Ms. Carole Burns retired from blending and selling tobaccos. She does, however, still offer estate pipes and accessories on her Website: Pipeworks & Wilke.
The tobacco side of her business was purchased by Mr. John Brandt of Fall River, Massachusetts, and his Website may be found here: Wilke Pipe Tobacco. A quick check this morning did not reveal Nut Brown Burley as one of his current offerings, though many other Wilke favorites are listed. Note: In order to see the full roster you must click on the "Inventory" button near the bottom of each page.
Here is a link (Wilke Nut Brown Burley) to a description, and smokers' reviews, of this blend on the tobaccoreviews.com Website.

Status
Not open for further replies.