PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
How many tobacos do you have in your regular rotation and do you dedicate certain pipes to the different tobabccos that you smoke. I realize that some smokers don't care about ghosting and just change tobaccos in the same pipe at will. How many of you have different pipes for your two or three favorite tobaccos?

Jul 12, 2011
large amount of bacci/large rotations...have only one pipe dedicated to "one" specific blend, other pipes are dedicated to types; English, Vs, Aros and I have two pipes dedicated to lakeland type blends :puffy:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have one Lakeland specific pipe and I have one pipe that I only use to smoke 1792 Flake or Captain Black. I know, it's weird. Everything else is dedicated by style VA/VAPer, English/Balkan, Aromatics.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
It seems my average open rotation is between 15-20 blends, and I loosely genre-dedicate. Lately my consumption has outpaced my acquisition by a bit, owing to the increased need for pipe-induced sanity.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
about 3 most of the time....everytime I try one that I kinda forgot about, I usually realize why I stuck it on the bottom in the first place. :mrgreen:

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
For now, FMOTT is my go-to tobacco. Two bowls out of three are FMOTT. But that third bowl -- that's a wild card. I've been working my way through samples from The Box, so lots of variety lately. As a rule though I try to smoke something else -- or try something new -- every three pipes or so.
I find that not only do I discover some other great blends (Penzance!) but I appreciate the FMOTT all the more upon my return.

Jul 15, 2011
I have a regular rotation of about 4 or 5 different tobaccos. Most are aromatics, but I have a couple of Englishes and Burleys that I smoke to change things up. As far as dedicating pipes, there are definitely certain types of tobaccos that need their own pipes, such as cherry flavored, but most of the time, I just throw my selected tobacco into whatever pipe im in the mood for and puff away.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I don't really have a rotation, but rather reach for whatever takes my fancy at the time. The only constant is a bowl of HH Vintage Syrian to start my day.

I keep my pipes broken down thusly:

Three pipes dedicated to VaPers

One pipe dedicated to Lakelands

Two pipes dedicated to Syrian Lat blends

Four pipes dedicated to Cypriot Lat blends

Two pipes dedicated to Aromatic blends
I smoke everything and anything via my cobs (lucky 13) and my meer.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
About 12 to 15 blends only three of which would be aros. These aros do not ghost a pipe and they do not leave any wet goop in the bowl. I am primarily an English latakia smoker. I have thirty pipes and they all fire up everything. I frequently switch tobacco blends in the same pipe smoking three bowls before placement in my "to be cleaned" rack.
I let my eyeballs scan all of my available clean pipes and somehow I gravitate to a bowl. I then repeat the process over all of my tobacco selection possibilities and my nose knows what my pipe wants to handle. All of my pipes and available open tins and bulk blends are prominently displayed on a large sofa table in my den. I can say for sure that my larger bowls get more action than the smaller ones and I always finish a bowl once I start it. If it's very late at night sleep waits for the bowl to be done. I'm definitely not a DGT guy.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Counting both out front and back here, I have 18 different tobaccos, and I have 12 pipes front and back. I dedicate my Gig Driftwood to Astleys 109, and 6 MM bent Spools to Mac Baren's various Roll Cakes. I have two bent Patriots for my Dark Stondg Flake. The reason I dedicate my cobs is that the blends mentioned perform best in those pipes.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
No rotation. Don't even smoke my favorites regularly. Whatever I got, whenever I feel like it. I have 2 pipes dedicated to particular blends, a Bjarne for Penzance and a Savinelli Autograph for Holiday Spirit. And I smoke those blends in other pipes for a difference. I am a sick, sick man.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I usually smoke the same pipe all day long or go to 2 pipes if it is over 3 smokes. After letting it rest - I thoroughly clean the pipe with Everclear and lots of Pipe cleaners followed by a week nap at least. I have had little trouble ghosting - so I tend to smoke everything in all my pipes - Aros, English, Crossovers :).

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Big Nordings for ARO and regular pipes for the Balkins and English . With mason jars I can smoke whatever strikes my fancy . On the table ,there right now Rattrays 3Noggins , Red Raparee ,McCrannies Southern Cream and Silems Black .In the Basket underneath PS Swiss and Petersons blends , Nording Pointer and WOL .

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Whatever I have, it's open and smoked when I feel like it. Usually around 10-15 blends at a time.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
I have three in regular rotation: C&D's Big and Burley, Elegant Emu, and for an aromatic, Mild and Mellow. Occasionally I'll smoke Two Friends' Bed and Breakfast. And no, I don't generally dedicate pipes to particular blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.