PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Based upon npod's recommendation, I purchased a kinky/bondage tape package. Thankfully, it was delivered in an anonymous Amazon box. It came in 2 rolls, black and around 2 1/2" wide so I split it down the middle. Wrapped some around the bit two to three times and off we go. PERFECTION! Not all spongy, springy like the rubber pipe bits. Soft enough to be easier on the teeth and it most certainly will protect the bit. I don't know at this point how long an application will last but don't really care. It is very easy to apply and cheap. On black bits, it is nearly invisible, you really have to look close to see it.
Used the other roll to tie the wife up in order that I could smoke in peace on Christmas. You gotta love products that offer two way functionality.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
In honor of Kinky Genius, I present this sock puppet rendition of 2 Live Crew:
WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QkA3MQvq1Q
jay-roger.jpg

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I picked up a roll at Lover's Lane. If you get it on right, it's fantastic for me. The main advantage is that it makes the pipe easier to clench securely, so I don't feel the need to bite as hard. It's not as protective as a softy bit, unless you were to wrap it around a dozen or more times. It's very thin, but for me, a few windings is enough protection. At least the brand I bought is very thin and flexible.
Because it's so shiny, it disappears on black acrylic and shiny, unoxidized Vulcanite stems. It is easy to create a wrinkle while you wrap, but with care, you can avoid them. I've found that it's important that the last winding does not overlap the button. Otherwise, the end of the tape wants to come loose.
It sticks by static, so there is no adhesive.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
What I want to know is who originally figured this out and why did they have the tape to begin with?!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
What I want to know is who originally figured this out and why did they have the tape to begin with?!

@techie, that would be me. Here is the back story http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/parafilm-stem-wraps. I used to use parafilm to wrap my stems and posted about it here. Then I found bondage tape at Spencer's gifts and knew it would be a great alternative to softie bits (which I hate).
If you want to see more uses of bondage tape go to Tumblr.com ... oh wait, they just banned nsfw images :eek:
But I do like being called a kindy genius! I'll that one to my resume. :rofl:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Rofl. This thread was not at all what I was expecting. I am definitely going to get a roll. I like the idea of protecting stems and protecting teeth without the extra springiness

Status
Not open for further replies.