PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

requiemsoup

Lurker
Oct 31, 2013
Hawaii
Hi everyone,
I am a brand-new pipe smoker. I think its been about a month or two. I used to occasionally smoke cigarillos by hula girl, black and mild, and swisher sweet. All those over the counter stuff haha.
So I then said what the hell and decided to try out a pipe and thus far I've only been buying basket pipes.
I finally decided to buy a real pipe per se, haha.
Without further adieu, here it is:
2qw3fhd.jpg

Every time I walked into my tobacconist I would always look at this pipe. The only thing that turns me off is that its a bull dog. But I'm so mesmerized by everything else that it doesn't matter all too much. It's actually been growing on me the more I look at it.
I have not yet smoked it, I am waiting to find the right tobacco. I am ordering four Boswell baccys and I will probably have the inaugural smoke with one of those. Oh, and for those of you who are curious and or unfamiliar with this pipe its a Peterson Rosslare Classic 80s
Anyway, tell me what you think! And I hope that the picture shows up; otherwise this has been completely redundant haha. Also, I apologize for the mediocre photo quality.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Welcome to the forum! That's a beautiful Pete, and one on my list for a while! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I have a number of Petersons, and I enjoy them all greatly! Congrats on a nice pipe!
Dan

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I was not in love with bulldogs until I picked one up. Then found out how good it smoked. Yours is a good looking bulldog Sir, I would be glad to own one just like it.

requiemsoup

Lurker
Oct 31, 2013
Hawaii
Thanks for all the replies. I don't think that I'll ever get tired of looking at this pipe.
And thanks rothnh for the heads up, I've been doing quite a lot of research on these forums. And I've been doing some on drying out tobacco and all that jazz.
I couldn't find any of these online, so I decided to pick it up before anyone else took a fancy to it.
bigragu: fantastic picture haha.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
requiemsoup, that is a great looking pipe, definitely a great choice for a first pipe. I hope you love it when you fire it up. Remember it will take time to break it in and build a nice cake so be patient. Also read up on how to keep your pipe clean, it will insure you get a great smoke every time. Welcome to the site and congrats on your new pipe.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
I don't see it as NPD but as NYPD as in New Your pipe day. That is a bummer; jealousy reins supreme. :evil:
Pretty pipe w. pretty stem. Boooooo! :)

requiemsoup

Lurker
Oct 31, 2013
Hawaii
Haha thanks for all the advice and compliments guys.
I'll be posting again real soon. I have a few more NPD's that I am waiting for.
Can't freaking wait.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm not a fan of the bulldog, but if I were, I'd choose a pipe like yours. Also, IMO, Peterson makes great pipes.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Welcome!
You bought my dream pipe. I'm still hinting that it would be a great Christmas present, but my wife says I have enough pipes (what's wrong with her?) I am a hugh fan of the bulldog. Enjoy it in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies.