PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Hi all
Some time ago I posted a picture of my third X105 shape (small billiard) from Peterson. At the time I wondered if it was the start of a possible seven day set.
Here is the picture I took then:

Well, I am now up to five of them - so it looks as though the seven day set really is becoming likely. I just love this shape. It's perfect for anything up to a medium length smoke and it especially suits English mixtures and Flakes.
My new one is a Rosslare - a nicely stained briar with a good grain and an acrylic bit in 'citrus'.
Here it is - in the background are the Jekyll & Hyde, the Atlantic, the Dracula and the Fisherman.

I shall Christen it tonight with some SG Navy Flake.
Mike

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They make a great set. I do have two Peterson brandy B11's, a Killarney ebony and a Shannon. Billiard is a great shape for multiples.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I'm a big fan of Pete's, all very nice!

That Jekyll and Hyde is interesting and I love the flame grain (?) on that Rosslare too.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Nice set going there! I have Pete B42, 312, 106s, and an XL90.. love petes. Now im on the hunt for some rarer petes should they come across my field of view

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
That Jekyll and Hyde is interesting and I love the flame grain

Whoa, I never realized they did that with the jekyll and hyde, I love that.. What a great looking rotation.

I have a dracula 03 and it is one of my favorite pipes, I would like to add the atlantic and fisherman.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
The X105 is a great shape. That Fisherman is simply awesome. Never stopped to look at a J and H before. I like it.

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
What an outstanding group of highend pipes, love the Jekyll and Hyde pipe, not Seen it before. Love the coloured stems.

Bet your a proud man.

Well done.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Thanks guys. Interesting that several folk have commented on the J & H pipe. I was unsure of it when I bought it, but it has rapidly become one I reach for often: the unusual feel of it in the hand (one side smooth and the other sandblasted) makes it aesthetically interesting to hold. It's also been something of a conversation starter due to it's curious appearance.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.