Now that I've Been a Member of Pipes Magazine Forums...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
I find that I need a few things. Call them new man-toys if you will, but here are the "new necessities" I've discovered that are on the list:
1. Endless pipes, especially a Dunhill, whether it actually smokes well or not. Gotta have a stem with a white spot on it.
2. Even more endless tobacco blends.
3. A new microwave for drying the "wet" blends.
4. A quality badger shaving brush.
5. A straight razor. (Have had one before, but left it when wife was fiancée and it has disappeared.)
6. A quality safety razor, just in case I find that I am now clumsy with the straight razor.
7. Japanese water stones for honing said straight razor.
8. A leather strop for tuning up straight razor.
9. Several good quality soaps for lathering up with the badger brush. Must find the best scent, so must buy several, like pipe tobacco blends.
10. A new pair of cargo pants to carry more electronic gadgetry and to type PM Forums comments while on the check out line at local supermarket.
11. A bigger belly to hold up said cargo pants and gadgets in pockets.
12. Must build a screened in porch with firepit to go out and smoke without getting smoke on windows.
13. Several hundred cases of Ball mason jars of assorted sizes to store tobaccos that I buy that "Sound interesting."
14. Must build a new climate-controlled cellar for storing all of the mason jars and aging tobacco properly.
15. A complete wood shop with routers, chisels, jig saws, band saws, drill press, stains, waxes, and all necessary bits, so I can build the ultimate pipe rack to dry the pipe collection.
16. An armload of books to carry while puffing on my pipe, so people will think I might be a famous author.
17. A bell to ring. (See below.)
18. A Ferrari to drive while puffing on my way to the local post office to pick up PAD and TAD orders.
19. A pipe babe or two to bring the pretzels and beer when I ring the bell while I watch Monday Night Football, tv remote in one hand, pipe in the other, as my wife writes her latest novel, "Confessions of a Football Widow" in the next room.
20. Latest copy of The Chicago Manual of Style and Strunk & White, so Lawrence won't "9" me on here.
Yep, that oughtta do it (for starters, anyway!)

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
@Cajun - :P I tend to get like this when in between work projects and honey-do lists. Cold weather and the approaching holidays also bring out the writing in me.
Stay tuned...

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Yup, I've gotten so many blends it's not funny, I hope my family never sees them all, they would not understand. They would not understand that I need like 4 briar pipes, a clay pipe, and like 5 cobs including a freehand. Nor the fact I had to spend $40 on a safety razor, plus $40 more on accessories for said razor and that it will somehow "save me money." Thanks guys for that!
I am rather enjoying the fact that I only have to shave every other day though, it cuts so close, my shadow doesn't appear until halfway through the second day! Holy crap!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Excuse me but I do not see a smoking jacket or calf skin slippers on your list. No self respecting pipe smoker would be without those two important items. Now don't come back till you get them. :nana:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I also hear .45ACP casings make great wind chimes as they are bouncing off the floor after being ejected. he he
I think you need an AR-15 in there as well(or 5). Maybe a nice lever action 30-30.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Glad to see that comedians are still in full force here. Now should I run for cover? Or polish my Browning Light Twelve? :P

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I would have to add to this list:

- A box of fine Cuban cigars (I love cigars as well and though Cuban quality isn't what it used to be, they are still highly sought after and a box of Cohibas with an intact Cuban tax seal would be nice.)

- A stock of Clive Christian cologne ... because Ron Burgundy would approve.
+1 to cigarmaster for suggesting the smoking jacket and calf-skin slippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.