PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So a couple of months ago I went to get certified to teach and coach a youth Shotgun Team. I work for a church and we also have a Christian school. We are starting a Clay Pigeon Shooting team and I am one of the coaches. So now I am an NRA certified class 1 Coach for Shotgun. Pretty cool!

image-28_zps90841be1.jpg

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Awesome! Congratulations and way to go getting others involved in the sport!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Congratulations! I used to be certified as a basic marksmanship instructor, back when I was working for the Boy Scouts. I miss those days...

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats Dave and kudos for helping get youth involved in the shooting sports.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Congrats! The local Christian Brothers school here, De LaSalle has a trap team. I wish my school had that growing up, I actually would have played another sport besides Ice Hockey. It's really great your involved in teaching and coaching safe and accurate shooting to the younger generation!

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Congratulations and thank you for your time and energy in teaching youths firearm safety and helping preserve tradition. I'm not much into trap shooting, but I love to hunt and it is always encouraging to see kids get positive exposure to guns.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Congratulations Dave! Sporting clays is one of my all time favorite things to do. My brother-in-law is just finishing up with the gunsmithing on my SxS 20ga he got me for Christmas (an entry level Boito). One of the barrels was shooting left and all the internals needed replacing. Just tested it on tin cans he threw up in the air and hit the first one with the wad!

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Well done! I just got myself a Browning Auto-5 Magnum Twelve (the original type, not the new A5) and I'm going to take it out for turkeys soon. I've never done it before, and I've never owned a shotgun before, so it is cool to see that there are people I can look to for advice and instruction.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Way to go Dave! I'm a certified RSO and have coached softball and hockey and working with kids and teaching them well is such a blessing. It is very rewarding endeavor.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Congrats Dave. Shooting clay targets is a great sport during the off season, and we certainly need qualified instructors like you to introduce others to the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.