PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I cannot keep Peter Stokkebye Nougat lit. I dry it over night. I dry for an hour. I stick it in the microwave. I pack it lose. I pack it tight. I pack it not to loose, and not too tight. I tamp and light. I light and tamp. I dump the ash. I don’t dump the ash. I swear at it. I sing to it. Anyone else with this problem?

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
It requires a few relights but not too bad for me. I lightly pack it in a cob with no prep. It is a smaller bowl cob with really good draw since I removed the filter.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I've yet to have anything difficult like that. It makes me curious. What cut is it anyways?

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Might I suggest....
Who-gave-Skipper-a-blowtorch-skipper-the-penguins-of-madagascar-23653077-687-401.png

Mar 1, 2014
Actually I prefer butane torch lighters on flakes in general, it pushes the embers nice and deep fairly quickly.
Ironically I've burned more rims with a Zippo than anything. A lighter that throws the flame can be held facing directly down at the tobacco, where a soft flame usually needs an angle, and a Zippo seems like it only works when I hold the pipe sideways because the flame has such a strong upward draft.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Grill Lighter.....cheap, good flame adjustment, never burn something you don't want. Not that I'd use it in public.... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.