Nothing At All Against You City Boys...

(74 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Perique
  • Latest reply from okiescout
  1. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

But can we get a sound off of rural pipe smokers? Not suburbanites with rural hearts, God bless you, but real cow town pipe lovers? I'm just curious to see who all is out there.

Now, now. Don't get offended. My hat is off to those who can walk down the street to a Peretti-ish B&M, stroll down the boulevard with their pipe, etc. I've experienced that, and it's a wonderful thing. I'm just curious to know who out there engages in our magnificent hobby while residing in a rural environment. It's a different experience. Lonely in some ways, but rewarding nonetheless.

Thank you in advance.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. csibuk

csibuk

Login to Send PM

Here I am, for one!

(Does a Canuck boy count? - My other car is an ATV and there is mud on my rubber boots...)

Las

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Canadians, or for that matter the peculiar variety of English rednecks absolutely count! Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

suburbanites with rural hearts

I fall into that category but I salute you anyway.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. jkrug

jkrug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Are we talking small town rural or middle of nowhere no neighbour kind of rural?

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. beezer

beezer

Login to Send PM

I live in Ruckersville Virginia, which sits just north of Charlottesville in Greene County. However, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. dulgunz

dulgunz

Login to Send PM

I grew up in Aurora West Virginia with a total population of 200 people. Is it still called a town if you don't even have a stop light or grocery store?

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Live on 81 acres, cane field in back, little rural road in front, my dog PMon loves it, though I cut his roaming down to 3 acres with an invisible fence. Love my old porch.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 4 years ago #
  9. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Country living here. Right in the middle of 15 acres, nearest neighbor are my parents 100 yards away. I can take a pee in any direction and not be seen.

Jason
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm ten miles from the city center, rodeoed in my youth, never sat "English" on any horse I've owned, live on a mountain side, can wrangle moose or bear in the front yard most any time should I wish to, and I'm a firm believer that "country boy" or "city boy" is more a state of mind than one's surroundings. And, with my warped mind I'm never lonely, even when I'm alone. There's the voices you know.

Hope I qualify! Never had much use for the "city" life even when I was a copper.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  11. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

My backyard is part of the Daniel Boone National Forest. Just call me hillbilly.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 4 years ago #
  12. wolfe64

wolfe64

Login to Send PM

I have sheep across the road from me.............

Mark

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. danielplainview

dave g

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I live in West Virginia, where the poor people act rich, and rich people act poor.

Make aromatics great again.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  14. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Winters, CA. Is that rural enough? I am a transplanted (by my own choice) city kid. We are on 20 acres, mostly nut trees around us in all directions.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  15. jimbo69

jimbo69

Login to Send PM

No scared sheep where I live. Where I deer hunt? Well, TX is a diverse culture.

Posted 4 years ago #
  16. derfatdutchman

derfatdutchman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm here in the Poconos Mountians of Pennsylvania. Its not as rural here as when I was a kid.

"The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess, and there is no chance of getting more."
    Bismark
    Posted 4 years ago #
  17. kane

kane

Login to Send PM

I guess I'm a hybrid. I make my living growing mushrooms and avocados on some land I have in Los Angeles County, and take them to sell at farmers markets in L.A. I live and work as a farmer/grower, but am not nearly as rural as I would like to be, still a stone's throw from the big city.

Posted 4 years ago #
  18. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

@seacaptain --- cheers!

@jkrug --- rural is as rural does.

@beezer --- congratulations on getting out!

@dulgunz --- sounds like my town.

@Ole Cajun --- Yessir, I remember from previous threads. I salute you!

@voorhees --- thank you for sounding off!

@warren --- "I'm a firm believer that "country boy" or "city boy" is more a state of mind than one's surroundings." Maybe but the hands are a dead giveaway. "Never had much use for the "city" life..." Here, here.

@chasingembers --- all I can do is write about it...

@wolfe64 --- Among other things, I raise sheep. Befriend that guy. Lamb is good.

@Dave --- I hear ya...

@jpmcwjr --- don't know Winters, but sounds good to me! As Hank, Jr said, "We're from North California, South Alabama, and little towns all around this land..."

@jimbo69 --- hat tip to the deer hunt --- in my top three passtimes along with pipe smoking and fishing.

@kane --- but am not nearly as rural as I would like to be..." Sounds like you're half way there already. It's never too late!

Thanks, men. I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one out there in a hobby that sometimes seems urban-focused.

Cheers and good evening to all, regardless of where you may reside.

Posted 4 years ago #
  19. tobyducote

NOLA Cajun

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Country boy at heart..grew up on a farm, spent free time in the woods, hunting, fishing and trapping...living in the burbs now but will always be a country boy at heart...made my own cob pipe when I was 10 with a corn cob from a neighbors corn field and a water reed from a nearby pond

Posted 4 years ago #
  20. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I guess I'm late to the party, but we live outside of Duck Hill MS. The name alone should say it all, but we have 26 acres, part of my wife's old family land going back to the late 1800s. It's all hilly and stuff grows like a jungle here. I too like my front porch, great place to smoke!

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 4 years ago #
  21. fmgee

fmgee

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I grew up on a little over 4000 acres in Australian high country. A great place to be a kid. I now settle for a third of an acre a block away from somd pretty serious woods on Vancouver Island. It is a little strange that my kids think it is normal to have a view of the sea and snow capped mountains from there school yard.

Posted 4 years ago #
  22. jkrug

jkrug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well if rural is as rural does then I'm counting myself as a country boy. Never liked or lived in the big cities. Always been out in the county, the bush or in a small town which is where I currently reside. No matter where I am at the time my heart and soul always long to be in the outdoors the more remote the better.

So anyways right now I'm a small town Canadian country boy!!

Posted 4 years ago #
  23. buster

buster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I fall in the suburbanites with a rural heart category. We live in the burbs but are members of 4H.

Think slow, act fast.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  24. beefeater33

beefeater33

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Grew up on a Hog farm in Ohio. We had about 60 sows, farrow to finish operation. Farmed about 600 acres. Never had much money, but we always had plenty of food and ate good........
    Now I live on 6 acres, way of the road, Peace and quiet, wouldn't have it any other way!..........

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream..."
    Willy Wonka
    Posted 4 years ago #
  25. sjmiller

sjmiller

Login to Send PM

Live in the hills of East Tennessee. Town of about 500 people or so. Thirty minute drive to the nearest grocery of any size. Over an hour to nearest B&M shop. Thank goodness for online tobacco shops.

Abbot of the Apostles of St. Bruno
    Posted 4 years ago #
  26. pipestud

pipestud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I live in Robinson, TX., population 7,400. Guess my hunk of soil is small by Texas standards as I live on seven acres and can see my nearest neighbor' s house without the use of binoculars.

Pipestud
    Posted 4 years ago #
  27. hunter185

hunter185

Login to Send PM

Myself, 6 horses and a dog reside on my 21ac in central Alberta. Property is partially forest and minutes from the mountains. Love it!

Posted 4 years ago #
  28. buroak

buroak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have neighbors within 200 yards all around (we are mostly clustered on land unfit for the surrounding row crops), but some of those neighbors are horses, goats, and chickens.

Life contains a particle of risk. - Allardyce T. Meriweather in Little Big Man
    Posted 4 years ago #
  29. freakiefrog

freakiefrog

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm a born and raise country boy who moved to the city for a job, but the concrete and florescent lights make me feel claustrophobic. I hate that I can't hear cars coming down the road for 5 minutes before they get to my house.

I miss the whippoorwill songs and coyotes in the evening.

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new.
    Robert W. Service
    Posted 4 years ago #
  30. robwoodall

robwoodall

Login to Send PM

Hmmm,

I'm a city boy at heart but, kind of opposite of freakiefrog, I moved to the country for a job.

I teach at a small, rural college, and live on an 18 acre hay field. I do not grow hay, but I let my neighbor have the hay if he'll do all the work.

I like the quietness, but I miss the convenience of a mid-size city.

Posted 4 years ago #
  31. lochinvar

lochinvar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I live in Gatlinburg, TN (the mountains) on about 100 acres beside the Great Smoky Mountains Natl. Park that has been in the family since before the Civil War. I'm not a fan of most cities, save Boston, and really I don't like anywhere in the flatlands (your Oklahoma, your Ohio, the deep South, etc) either. I get weirded out without a few mountains around.

Posted 4 years ago #
  32. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey, I'm a townee from forever, Chicagoland. But I've been surrounded by farm saavy people all my life. My dad spent summers on a sand scratch farm in Michigan with no water or electric, and he slept in a pup tent away from the house and lived pretty primitive with his beloved dog Spot. My late wife grew up mostly in a small town but spent a lot of time on her grandparent's tobacco farm sticking tobacco and accompanying her grandpa to the general store. My wife grew up way out in the country between the Mississippi River and the Iowa line in Missouri, without electric or running water until she was in middle school, went to a little tiny school that ran off teachers almost annually. Her family had a cattle farm and she still maintains the land with much help from cousins. She says she never enjoyed camping so much because that's the way she lived as a young girl, hauling water. So I'm just a townee, but steeped in farm country stories.

Posted 4 years ago #
  33. plugugly

plugugly

Login to Send PM

Voorhees definition of rural, "I can take a pee in any direction and not be seen." is way the best I ever heard!

Plugugly

Lead,Follow-Or Get Out Of The Way!
    Posted 4 years ago #
  34. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Perique- great thread idea. I am a transplanted bumpkin who has been a townie for way longer than is good for my mental health. Anyone who spent their childhood in a wide-open rural setting with more livestock than people and winds up having to live in "the mess" will know exactly what I mean! Anyway, it is strange that our perspectives are 180 out. Instead of thinking of pipe smoking as urban-focused, I guess I associate it more with my early memories of (usually old) dairy farmers, milk truck drivers, old codgers hanging out down at the co-op, etc. Even in a historical context, I tend to think more of, say, rural southern types enjoying a pipe while watching the barges go by, or whiling away some time at the fishing hole. Maybe a coastal fisherman puffing absently while mending his nets, or a lumberman at a far-off timber camp having a puff around the fire after a long day's work in the woods. I know for a fact that much of my enjoyment of pipe smoking is some of that mental imagery of when life was not easier, but maybe a little more slow-paced and deliberate; less pell-mell all the time. For urban smoking, I always think of cigars and robber barons!

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  35. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am a suburbanite and I cannot lie, it's a comfy life. I have had long periods of dis-comfy life in the Army, so I am content where I am.

I do have a hint of envy for those of you on acreage. It would be nice, as well.

=D

Posted 4 years ago #
  36. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

OK, I now officially miss living in the country. Besides the beauty of nature, I'm not a people person and miss my peace and solitude the most.

Posted 4 years ago #
  37. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love rural life. Without it, I could not have The Barn.

Posted 4 years ago #
  38. User has not uploaded an avatar

frozenchurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm in the middle of grain country, but you have to allow some wiggle room.

Now my uncle, he grows a few thousand acres on the same land that we've been farming since the 1800's, that just happens to now run along a high volume traffic corridor of the capital city. Driving 30 foot wide implements through rush hour traffic and major overpass construction is "normal". They board about a hundred horses too.
    There is now a Wal-Mart just down the road from a dozen 10,000 bushel grain bins.
    When the city moves in and the farm doesn't change, what do you call it?

Posted 4 years ago #
  39. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Rural Minnesota here......live on 5 acres with a grove and there is only 1 other house on my road. Quiet peaceful mornings/evenings sitting on my deck enjoying a slow smoke

Posted 4 years ago #
  40. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"All I Can Do Is Write About It"

Well this life that I've lead has took me everywhere
    There ain't no place I ain't never gone
    But its kind of like the saying that you heard so many times
    Well there just ain't no plae like home
    Did you ever see a she-gator protect her young
    Or a fish in a river swimming free
    Did you ever see the beauty of the hills of Carolina
    Or the sweetness of the grass in Tennessee
    And Lord I can't make any changes
    All I can do is write 'em in a song
    I can see the concrete slowly creepin'
    Lord take me and mine before that comes

Do you like to see a mountain stream a-flowin'
    Do you like to see a youngun with his dog
    Did you ever stop to think about, well, the air your breathin'
    Well you better listen to my song

I'm not tryin' to put down no big cities
    But the things they write about us is just a bore
    Well you can take a boy out of ol' Dixieland
    But you'll never take ol' Dixie from a boy
    'Cause I can see the concrete slowly creepin'

Posted 4 years ago #
  41. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Country Ain't Country"

He was raised on a tractor in overalls and boots
    Been to college and then law school since leaving his roots
    Came home in a Lexus, he left in a Ford
    Country ain't country no more.

He told his daddy catch up with the times
    He said now a days people trade heifers online
    Dad ain't sealing deals with a handshake like before
    No, country ain't country no more.

The back forty was sold to make up for hard times
    Then sold by the half acre lot overnight
    The houses went up and the trees were cut down
    And there went the finest deer hunting around
    Lord, everyone's locking their doors
    'Cause country ain't country no more.

Now his dad sits in traffic looking 'round at the change
    Watching crews turn the county road into four lanes
    The old Sunday drive has turned into a chore
    Lord, country ain't country no more.

The back forty was sold to make up for hard times
    Then sold by the half acre lot overnight
    The houses went up and the trees were cut down
    And there went the finest deer hunting around
    Lord, everyone's locking their doors
    'Cause country ain't country no more.

There's no turning back
    And you just can't ignore
    That country ain't country no more.
    No, country ain't country no more...

Country certainly isn't country anymore...

Posted 4 years ago #
  42. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I go on the back porch to pee, I can see lights shining thru trees in back, my land goes a half mile back, but those suckers are creeping up on me. Used to know everyone within a2 or 3 miles around, now I"m the only one left.

Posted 4 years ago #
  43. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 4 years ago #
  44. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I live in the biggest small town in the world, Las Vegas Nevada.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 4 years ago #
  45. blueeyedogre

blueeyedogre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I grew up on a farm 10km away from the town of Broadrick, Sk. (Population 37) and my beautiful wife is from a farm outside Wawota, Sk. (Population 600) and now we live in the capital city of Saskatchewan, Regina, with a giant population of 275000. Not bad for a province with just over a million people and the size of Texas. Lol

"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." - Corinthians 16:13
    "Let us be English or let us be French . . . and above all let us be Canadians." – Sir John A MacDonald
    "The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine." - Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
    Posted 4 years ago #
  46. gregprince

gregprince

Login to Send PM

Country here. I live on the Allegheny National Forest, although I can see my neighbor's lights when the leaves are off the trees.

Posted 4 years ago #
  47. newbroom

newbroom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Another term for Country folk is "shit kicker"...I've kicked my fair share...now I live in a condo next to a golf course next to a wildlife sanctuary. I've seen deer, turkeys, softshell turtles, osprey, egrets, heron, gators, owls, sandhill cranes, and buzzards.
    Yesterday I watched a couple of Bald Eagles fish for lunch...diving into the water from above and emerging with fish in their grasp...all right outside my window...yet to see the bears...but I expect to...oh, yeah...I see one species that doesn't know enough to come in out of a thunderstorm, carrying lightning rods and riding in carts in 'feels like' 105 degree weather almost daily during about 7 months of the year.

Posted 4 years ago #
  48. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Over a thirty plus year career in Research Triangle Park, N.C., I watched the farm country thereabouts melt away. On my commute, I used to pass a farm where the owner had a magnificent pair of matched thoroughbred mules that he'd trained to pull as a team, beautiful animals. There were horses, borrows, goats and cattle along the way at other farms, and at a fast food Chinese restaurant I met a goat kid runaway that I picked up and bounced like a baby, to its satisfaction. But eventually the truck docks, apartment complexes, and light industry nibbled away at the farms, and now the farms are just vestiges of themselves, and most families have sold off, clearing a big profit, I hope, but tragically separating from the family homesteads sometimes going back generations. Incidentally, the goat kid had a fine time tasting my clothing, and eating my necktie ... I had a necktie on that day, if I recall. Also, at a celebration event at my workplace, I got to ride in a wagon behind the mule team. They were steady and obliging about being patted and greeted, and even more impressive close up, kind of a cream butterscotch color.

Posted 4 years ago #
  49. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Winters, CA. Is that rural enough?

Why, I was just up there last Saturday!!

I am decidedly NOT rural at the moment. I live in the extreme East San Francisco bay Suburbs now, but lived in the city of San Francisco for several years. However, I did live the first 25 years or so of my life on an approximately 15 acre farm in the middle of Washington logging country. I like the country, but I like the city too!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 4 years ago #
  50. av8scuba

av8scuba

Login to Send PM

@voorhees - right there with you! I live in the middle of 15 acres, with woods, hayfield, cornfield, and ponds all around. I only smoke on the porch that overlooks the pond and field. Usually every day I spot at least a few deer, turkey, foxes, owls, and other creatures. Like you say, in any direction your stream is not viewable from anyone else. Our nearest neighbor is about a mile away, and is never home. To me, it is the only way to live...and smoke!

Posted 4 years ago #
  51. lonestar

lonestar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I live in the woods myself, have some neighbors though. If the wind is just right you might hear a car or two on the state highway a few miles south of us. Otherwise the donkey next door and the birds singing are about all the noise pollution we get. Except on Sunday afternoons, every once in awhile my neighbor over west of me hauls out his Cannon and shoots a few loads. That rattles the ground a bit.

Here is what my front yard looks like.

-Ryan Alden
    Posted 4 years ago #
  52. zitotczito

zitotczito

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well I would not call Selinsgrove, PA where I live rural per se, but compared to Baltimore it is much less congested.

Posted 4 years ago #
  53. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Another term for Country folk is "shit kicker"

We prefer the term "Appalachian American"

Posted 4 years ago #
  54. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am not sure what is meant, but I live where I have to walk for fifteen minutes to see a neighbor, but yet in twenty minutes in the car, I can be in Birmingham. I can't see any other house from mine. I have to use a Ford Farmall to keep the yard, but I can drive it right into town to fill up the tank. I hunt and raise ALL of our food, and even work the local Farmers Markets to supply my neighbors. Piss off the edge of the porch? Heck, I can really piss anywhere. You don't have to be hours away from civilization to be rural. My farm is secluded, yet in a small town, at the edge of a neighborhood, and a short drive to the big city. I really wouldn't want it any other way. So, I consider myself rural/small town/edge of big city. It just depends on where I am standing. I like the farm life and being able to hunt any game I want, but I am also glad that I don't have to trek for a whole day to find a BestBuy or Target.

Michael
    Posted 4 years ago #
  55. darthcider

darthcider

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Shwmai from Wales.
    Country and sea from my front window.

Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  56. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Start in downtown Chicago. Drive due west until you hit corn fields. Backup a few miles and you are near my home. Neighbors everywhere. But, I grew up with lots of land.

Winton

Posted 4 years ago #
  57. schaum

schaum

Login to Send PM

Born and raised on a farm of 110 acres, aside from college I've been here my whole life. The farm isn't working anymore and adjacent farms have been abandoned leaving me miles of woods and fields to reign over. (care take?)
    20 miles to get groceries or gas and I too take advantage of emptying my bladder at will without fear of offending anyone.

Posted 4 years ago #
  58. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds like great hunting grounds!

Posted 4 years ago #
  59. foggymountain

foggymountain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Formerly a NYC resident, now in the Catskills. Most of the pipesmokers around here have something else in their pipes. I have never met anyone here that loads tobacco.

Posted 4 years ago #
  60. newbroom

newbroom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I got divorced in '97 I lost my spot of eden to the ex. I had all the critters you'd want and only one neighbor's house within view.
    Directions were: second left on Ditch 9, just off the paved road. We called it, Tropic Eden Acres for good reason.
    A pond, lots of 70 - 80' southern yellow pines, fruit trees and bushes..
    I went out to fetch the newspaper one morning and stopped 5' away from a large tusked boar hog. We just looked at each other and walked away.
    We had dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks, a beef cow every 2 yrs, a hog every year, milk goats, a horse and were surrounded by citrus groves and woods. I spent more money on feed than I did on food....but I recouped a lot by eating some of the livestock.

Posted 4 years ago #
  61. cobguy

Darin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Start in downtown Chicago. Drive due west until you hit corn fields

Winton ... are you near Dekalb? I spent my last year in IL just outside of Rockford and had friends in Dekalb.

I also had friends in Lisle / Downers Grove.

Posted 4 years ago #
  62. phxrock

phxrock

Login to Send PM

@foggymountian, are you in the Kingston, New Paltz area? I spent the first 25 years of life in the Liberty, Monticello areas. My parents grew up in the Kingston area. Someday I will make it back to visit.
    I enjoyed the hunting and fishing and living on the farm.

John

Posted 4 years ago #
  63. okiescout

okiescout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Foot of the Osage Hills, White Tail Deer in the front yard Turkey in the back.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow."
    Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 4 years ago #
  64. brudnod

Spencer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Greetings from Great Falls, Va. Great area and we back up to the Fairfax County Park lands. No B&M pipe shop close.

Posted 4 years ago #
  65. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome, all, to the country boy thread. Glad to know there are plenty of us out there.

Posted 4 years ago #
  66. User has not uploaded an avatar

elpfeife

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nothing against you country boys, but which one of you is the biggest hayseed?

Posted 4 years ago #
  67. 12pups

12pups

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Prairiedruid... there's the Twin Cities and then there's Minnesota. Twin Cities should be a separate state. I live in a small town in SW RURRRRRAL Minnesota. I am the only pipe smoker for at least 60 miles. Good on ya, bro!

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them. -- Carl Jung
    Posted 4 years ago #
  68. 12pups

12pups

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

elpfife... I am a displaced Northwest Iowan. I R the biggest hayseed here.

Posted 4 years ago #
  69. 12pups

12pups

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And I'm shitfaced right now, smoking PA in a Sav Canadian, and ain't no one nearby to worry with it. No B&Ms for... well it's incalcuable. I got my PA at a grocery store somewhere far from here, waiting on my next online order. Only way to get good tobacco.

Posted 4 years ago #
  70. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I hear ya, 12. Thank God that Al Gore went and invented the internets, or we would all be smoking rough home-cured down here.

Posted 4 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   odobenus, craig61a, disinformatique, condorlover1