Not Very

(8 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by toobfreak
  • Latest reply from madox07
  1. toobfreak

toobfreak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Was on the phone making an appointment with a dentist's office and she was going down the line: Name? Address? DOB? Insurance? Then she got to asking: SOCIAL?

And I answered: Not very.

She didn't like that.

To Master Po: Is it not being able to see that makes you tire of life?
    Master Po: No! It is being able to hear!
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

BAM!

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. grouchydog

grouchydog

Login to Send PM

LOL! OK, that's one I'll remember to use somewhere...

Kind of like that old-school one:
    Q: "sex?"
    A: "yes."

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This reminds me of the story of the university administrator who was asked by a state employee to give them a list of faculty broken down by sex. He responded, "We have several members of the faculty who are broken down by alcohol, but none that I know of who are broken down by sex."

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I often perplex my doctors for fun. I have a doctors appnt at least once a week and since they won't entertain me I guess I'll have to. I refuse to answer certain innocuous questions and write in "prefer not to say". On the occasion when a nurse notices and inevitable asks for a reason, I respond with a straight faced "because I don't think you need to know."

MOTHER'S OCCUPATION: I'd rather not say
    SIGNATURE OF RESPONSABLE PARTY: Not applicable
    PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN: he'd rather me not say

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. toobfreak

toobfreak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, same thing here. Occupation? Married? What--- you need to know that to check my teeth? She asked me for an email address. I told her I don't like to give one out. She told me it was for the system so they could send me a notice of my appointment. I told her today was Thursday. The appointment is for Monday for a possible root canal that I'm in great pain over. I don't think I'll forget to go.

She typed something in anyway. It was probably: anotherjackass at gmail.com.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Kinda, sorta like that... is when I am walking around some festival or gathering with loud music, or just big crowds, I can barely ever hear anyone. I am OK with music. I am not ok with people wanting to talk to me at such events. So, when I see someone with eye contact and lips moving at such an event, I just say something random, like...
    "I'd love to, but it pisses my monkey off."
    "Fine, fine, Just give it to me in twenty dollar bills."
    "Not since the Gulf of Mexico."
    My wife knows what I am doing, so she is usually cracking up at me. Whoever is trying to sell me something or just talk to me usually just walks off in disgust, or a profound sense of sadness at the cooky old deaf man.

My wife knows to text me if she needs me to know something at these things. She's a great gal.

Michael
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. madox07

madox07

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This reminds me of the story of the university administrator who was asked by a state employee to give them a list of faculty broken down by sex. He responded, "We have several members of the faculty who are broken down by alcohol, but none that I know of who are broken down by sex."

Sea Wolf Pipers

"Like the mariners of old, a loner is acceptable but a pipe is best enjoyed in a pack"
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tobefrank