Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
After not ordering since Thanksgiving, because I already have enough tobacco for several lifetimes, I finally caved and just now went to order. I waited long enough for the tobacco to be sold out; so now I don't have to spend the money! See how things work out?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I've just changed most hosts file so that the usual online sites redirect to a picture of Lena Dunham smoking.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Yes, but not at 40% discount. . .
I am comfortable with not buying until something special like Stonehenge comes along. . .

I am comfortable buying at a discount for something I had really wanted when offered at discount, like Petersons in the recent smokingpipes sale. . .

I am comfortable not buying tobacco at all given my hoard, but then the Pipe Guys deep sale comes along and f*cks with my mind, and I cave; but then I waited and was pulled back from the precipice by them selling out. smokingpipes would have had 1000 tins on hand and would have gotten me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I try to game my impulse by not buying in quantity, so if I cave and buy two or three blends, I don't have to start looking for a storage unit. I should have some nice aged tins by-and-by, like right now. I'm always smoking the opened jars and pouches, since they are already in rotation. Then I'll invent a good mixture that keeps me going for a week. And I have a tub or two waiting. Such is life. When I open something I've aged, that will hold me for a while. Usually.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
You must have a hard working Guardian Angel. Usually I am tempted with an opportunity and have to make significant efforts to avoid it. For you to be tempted, to have succumbed, and then to be saved by chance from your own weakness is a rare story.
A rare story indeed.

Unless.....
......You really wanted it

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I didn't want it but then I did; but I didn't want it long enough that they sold out of what I wanted. What I wanted was 15 tins of Temple Bar for $100.00. That would have been a sweet deal. Now that I think of it, I'm sorry I didn't get it.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I went without buying anything either! I was an idiot and bought a large haul the previous Friday. There are really only two blends that I hoard these days so, whatever. No big whoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.