NOT Sir John's Flake

(21 posts)
  • Started 3 months ago by greenmtnsmoke
  • Latest reply from jravenwood
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

Hello Everyone,

The latest batch of John Aylesbury Sir john's Flake is actually their Sir John's Broken Virginia. This blend isn't sold in the US and it is delicious! I contacted them and this was their response..............

Peter, the GM of John Aylesbury has forwarded your e-mail to us, we are the producer of many John Aylesbury tobaccos, including the Flake.

We are so sorry for this inconvenience!!! It really seems to be the case that our colleagues in the warehouse have packed Sir John´s Broken Virginia instead!

Can you please be so kind and do us a big favor? Please send us pictures of the back side of the tin as well as of the content. Then we will be 100% sure.

Once received, we will immediately inform our importer as well, since he needs to stop sales of the product and will receive an immediate shipment of the correct Flake. Overall, the Broken Virginia is a different blend, a different recipe. Although being a Ready Rubbed of great quality it has nothing to do with the Flake you always enjoy!

If you let us know where you purchased the tobacco from, we will make sure you will get the Flake for free, once our importer has received the replacement. We will send the Flake to our importer next week by courier, it is our fault.

Again, we feel very sorry about this!!!

Your Kohlhase & Kopp Team

Posted 3 months ago #
  2. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Tell them to start exporting Sir John's Broken Flake to the US. Then we can have all the goodies.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 3 months ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

I did.

Posted 3 months ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

Still available at tobacco pipes.

Posted 3 months ago #
  5. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Still available at tobacco pipes.

I know. I just finished an order. I love running the blockade.

Posted 3 months ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

It smells somewhat aromatic in the tin and carries a little in the smoke. However, there is a deep Virginia flavor in every puff that gets more intense as you go along. The topping might be spiced rum and it has a little Cut Virginia Plug taste to it as well. The cut reminds me of McConnell Scottish Cake. I just ordered 4 more tins myself as this is very good stuff that will be missed once it's gone with no way of getting more. It grew on me faster than most blends do. Totally different than anything else I can think of and maybe that's why I love it.

Posted 3 months ago #
  7. mikefu

mikefu

Login to Send PM

I snatched some up too, thanks to your post. Very much appreciated!

Posted 3 months ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

machinehead

Login to Send PM

I ordered this a couple of weeks back. Could you be so kind as to provide the email address that you contacted them with?

Thanks in advance

Posted 3 months ago #
  9. donjgiles

donjgiles

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the heads-up.

Don

Posted 3 months ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

opus777

Login to Send PM

sounds interesting but I'm still a little confused.

If its not for sale in US, why does TP have it in stock? If ordered from TP, is it the flake or the incorrect broken flake which would require a replacement to get the flake? Thanks for the clarity.

Posted 3 months ago #
  11. weedsnager

weedsnager

Login to Send PM

It smells somewhat aromatic in the tin and carries a little in the smoke. However, there is a deep Virginia flavor in every puff that gets more intense as you go along. The topping might be spiced rum and it has a little Cut Virginia Plug taste to it as well. The cut reminds me of McConnell Scottish Cake. I just ordered 4 more tins myself as this is very good stuff that will be missed once it's gone with no way of getting more. It grew on me faster than most blends do. Totally different than anything else I can think of and maybe that's why I love it.

Is it discontinued?

Posted 3 months ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

The tin is listed at Sir John's Flake but that's not what is inside. What is inside is Sir John's Broken Virginia which is not sold in the US market.

cid:EE762B84-0549-4E67-8930-F5AF108EC0D1

Kohlhase, Kopp & Co. GmbH & Co. KG Tel: +49 (0) 4101-77668-0

Tabakwaren-Import und Großhandel Fax: +49 (0) 4101-77668-28

Hermann-Löns-Weg 36 Web: http://www.kohlhase-kopp.com

25462 Rellingen

Posted 3 months ago #
  13. ernieq

ernieq

Login to Send PM

VERY interesting. I noticed that "Finest British" is now being sold as just "British" and Luxury Flake has been rebranded as "Classic Flake". I'm not overly familiar with either so I can't speak as to whether they have changed.

I will say, however, that i'm 'in the business' and all of a sudden Sir John's is moving faster than ever before.

Posted 3 months ago #
  14. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I bought 17 tins from Tobacco Pipes. They offered to take it back, I declined as what was in it is pretty good. I was more interested in being able to get the real thing if, and when, it is available.

Posted 3 months ago #
  15. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

K&K emailed me again and said they sent it out to their distributors. They said they would email me next week when my stuff is on it's way. Will keep you posted.

Posted 3 months ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

greenmtnsmoke

Login to Send PM

Well I just received my 5 free tins from the distributer. Incredible customer service!

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

To replace the 5 tins of broken flake that you absolutely love?

Posted 1 month ago #
  18. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I guess I own some of their broken virginia now.

The Sir John's Flake is fantastic and I am not sure I want a new aromatic which is what it is listed as on tobaccoreviews.

Posted 1 month ago #
  19. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I got around 20 tins of the Sir Johns "NOT" Flake Virginia. Pretty decent stuff. I called Tobacco Pipes to make certain, they confirmed the wrong product had been tinned. They offered to take it back and issue a refund. I just said I'd keep it. My understanding is the actual Sir Johns Flake Virginia is now available.

Posted 1 month ago #
  20. d4k23

d4k23

Login to Send PM

I just ordered 4 more tins myself as this is very good stuff that will be missed once it's gone with no way of getting more

Did you order more with the intention of getting them “replaced” once received?

Posted 1 month ago #
  21. jravenwood

jravenwood

Login to Send PM

My tins were replaced by f and k cigar as well and showed up this week. They did allow me to keep some of the wrong flake so I did so, so I’ve now got a handful of tinsof the incorrect and correct blend , good stuff

"It is quite a three pipe problem..."
    Posted 1 month ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   haparnold, methomp, pitchfork