PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmtnsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,
The latest batch of John Aylesbury Sir john's Flake is actually their Sir John's Broken Virginia. This blend isn't sold in the US and it is delicious! I contacted them and this was their response..............
Peter, the GM of John Aylesbury has forwarded your e-mail to us, we are the producer of many John Aylesbury tobaccos, including the Flake.
We are so sorry for this inconvenience!!! It really seems to be the case that our colleagues in the warehouse have packed Sir John´s Broken Virginia instead!
Can you please be so kind and do us a big favor? Please send us pictures of the back side of the tin as well as of the content. Then we will be 100% sure.
Once received, we will immediately inform our importer as well, since he needs to stop sales of the product and will receive an immediate shipment of the correct Flake. Overall, the Broken Virginia is a different blend, a different recipe. Although being a Ready Rubbed of great quality it has nothing to do with the Flake you always enjoy!
If you let us know where you purchased the tobacco from, we will make sure you will get the Flake for free, once our importer has received the replacement. We will send the Flake to our importer next week by courier, it is our fault.
Again, we feel very sorry about this!!!
Your Kohlhase & Kopp Team

greenmtnsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2018
It smells somewhat aromatic in the tin and carries a little in the smoke. However, there is a deep Virginia flavor in every puff that gets more intense as you go along. The topping might be spiced rum and it has a little Cut Virginia Plug taste to it as well. The cut reminds me of McConnell Scottish Cake. I just ordered 4 more tins myself as this is very good stuff that will be missed once it's gone with no way of getting more. It grew on me faster than most blends do. Totally different than anything else I can think of and maybe that's why I love it.

machinehead

Lurker
Jun 8, 2018
I ordered this a couple of weeks back. Could you be so kind as to provide the email address that you contacted them with?
Thanks in advance

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
sounds interesting but I'm still a little confused.
If its not for sale in US, why does TP have it in stock? If ordered from TP, is it the flake or the incorrect broken flake which would require a replacement to get the flake? Thanks for the clarity.

weedsnager

Can't Leave
Jun 30, 2015
Nw Indiana
It smells somewhat aromatic in the tin and carries a little in the smoke. However, there is a deep Virginia flavor in every puff that gets more intense as you go along. The topping might be spiced rum and it has a little Cut Virginia Plug taste to it as well. The cut reminds me of McConnell Scottish Cake. I just ordered 4 more tins myself as this is very good stuff that will be missed once it's gone with no way of getting more. It grew on me faster than most blends do. Totally different than anything else I can think of and maybe that's why I love it.
Is it discontinued?

greenmtnsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2018
The tin is listed at Sir John's Flake but that's not what is inside. What is inside is Sir John's Broken Virginia which is not sold in the US market.
cid:EE762B84-0549-4E67-8930-F5AF108EC0D1
Kohlhase, Kopp & Co. GmbH & Co. KG Tel: +49 (0) 4101-77668-0
Tabakwaren-Import und Großhandel Fax: +49 (0) 4101-77668-28
Hermann-Löns-Weg 36 Web: www.kohlhase-kopp.com
25462 Rellingen

greenmtnsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2018
The tin is listed at Sir John's Flake but that's not what is inside. What is inside is Sir John's Broken Virginia which is not sold in the US market.
cid:EE762B84-0549-4E67-8930-F5AF108EC0D1
Kohlhase, Kopp & Co. GmbH & Co. KG Tel: +49 (0) 4101-77668-0
Tabakwaren-Import und Großhandel Fax: +49 (0) 4101-77668-28
Hermann-Löns-Weg 36 Web: www.kohlhase-kopp.com
25462 Rellingen

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
VERY interesting. I noticed that "Finest British" is now being sold as just "British" and Luxury Flake has been rebranded as "Classic Flake". I'm not overly familiar with either so I can't speak as to whether they have changed.
I will say, however, that i'm 'in the business' and all of a sudden Sir John's is moving faster than ever before.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I bought 17 tins from Tobacco Pipes. They offered to take it back, I declined as what was in it is pretty good. I was more interested in being able to get the real thing if, and when, it is available.

greenmtnsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2018
K&K emailed me again and said they sent it out to their distributors. They said they would email me next week when my stuff is on it's way. Will keep you posted.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I guess I own some of their broken virginia now.
The Sir John's Flake is fantastic and I am not sure I want a new aromatic which is what it is listed as on tobaccoreviews.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I got around 20 tins of the Sir Johns "NOT" Flake Virginia. Pretty decent stuff. I called Tobacco Pipes to make certain, they confirmed the wrong product had been tinned. They offered to take it back and issue a refund. I just said I'd keep it. My understanding is the actual Sir Johns Flake Virginia is now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.