PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Went to add a couple tins of Villager 1888 to my cart on P&C. The site say;s it is in stock and since it is reasonably price I thought I would buy 2 to cellar 1. Here is the message I get at the top of my cart page
Villiger 1888 MID-DAY Pipe Tobacco (50g Tin) is not orderable.
what the heck does this mean? If it is in stock and on the site why is it not orderable?

Also still waiting for nearly a week to order Scotty's Butternut Burley with is out of stock. I hope this is not a sign of things to come with the recent changes. I have NEVER had any of these issues with P&C before.

surlysoul

Might Stick Around
Jan 22, 2013
I have seen that message on P&C long before the recent changes. It was usually with pipes though.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Think Roth is right on this. I'll look at P&C again next month. No point in getting lost in the transition when there are other places to go for most things.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I was going to do just that but I want to order a pound of Scotty's Butternut Burley and haven't seen that anywhere except P&C.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I recently just put together quite the TAD. I brought up three web browsers and put them up side by side and stated adding the exact same stuff...(I have daul screens at work) It seemed P&C was out of two of the things I wanted to order. (FMC and 1-Q). I had P&C, SP and 4Noggins. SP and 4noggins had everything I wanted, and they were equally priced... less than a couple bucks over the entire order. Went with SP. Ordered it on tuesday morning (1am) and it arrived TODAY... standard shipping. I will try 4noggins next... but that's gonna be hard to match.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
no issue in service for me, just selection. the popular stuff seems to be out or back order.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I'm gonna bet that it settles down in a month or so. Lots of upheaval, people settling into a groove. They are both great companies, so it'll take a minimum amount of time to get up to snuff. I'll give it a few weeks before I order, but I will order.
On the other hand, if I cannot acquire Scotty's Butternut Burley or Classic Burley Kake, I will be very cross. I may even snivel.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I'm gonna bet that it settles down in a month or so. Lots of upheaval, people settling into a groove. They are both great companies, so it'll take a minimum amount of time to get up to snuff. I'll give it a few weeks before I order, but I will order.

I agree they are both great companies,but if problems like this continue they get a little "not so great" in my book. It is seeming to me that they should have had things worked out before the move took place(inventory issues etc). Should have known there would be a lot of people questioning why the buyout took place and such, now not being able to fill orders and delays in shipping are just going to hurt the customer base IMHO. I just think this could have been thought out and perhaps planned a bit better. I know in my own situation if someone else carried a blend or two that I smoke I would have already place my monthly $100 order with them.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
+1 For Venturer... I agree... I have to make it to $100 bucks to get free shipping, but I would have to add stuff that I don't necessarily want to get or more than I want of a certain item. I can save for later sure, but if I can get everything I want in the quantities I want somewhere else, I'll pay a couple bucks more.

Status
Not open for further replies.