PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/long_island/NY-Village-Smoking-Ban-20110105-apx

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
Some days I wonder what happened to the America my grandfather fought in three wars for.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
The law apparently has a loophole. It is not illegal to smoke in the street.
Neighboring New York City is currently considering a smoking ban in parks and pedestrian plazas.
It's getting very close to revolution time.
I think this article poses a very nice solution for a peaceful protest--if they try to enact this, a group of smokers (say, a couple thousand organized by a flashmob technique) could enjoy their smokes in the middle of street, say, in front of City Hall, or at the entrances of the bridges & tunnels, at rush hour.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
The anti-smoking nazis are getting more and more empowered.....And a significant minority supports them ( in addition to the milquetoasts who don't say a word.) I think it's time to hunker down and hand on to your hat.... :?

patiobum

Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
The mayor says code enforcement agents will be out to look for violations and he hopes the police will also help with enforcement.
code enforcement agents - anti smoking nazis = Gomer Pyle - citizens arrest, citizens arrest !!!

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Some people just suck.
And I bet most of 'em would quit suckin so much after a good old fashioned ass-whippin'!

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Grrr. For the love of god is there anything we can do about this shit or do we have to take it in the rump by the Gov.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
I write my congressmen and governor every couple of months about things like this -- if thee are more of us out there that do. . .apparently we aren't accomplishing much. Though at least Texas hasn't gone this far . . ..

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
Unfortunately, this creeping nanny state stuff is even in Texas. There is only ONE bar in Houston that allows smoking (it was grandfathered). There is an ordinance that requires smokers to keep a certain distance from the entry doors of establishments and offices.
Put a frog in boiling water, it will jump out. Put it in room temperature water and slowly turn up the heat, it will stay and get boiled alive!

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
This is crap, Oklahoma is the same as Texas. You have to be 25 feet from ANY entrance or exit, even ones that don't open or close! I wish we could get enough people to fight this but everyone thinks everyone else will do it for them, so we all end up waiting for someone else to do it!!!

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
From an old Star Trek episode; "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
Get used to it boys,....until the smokers increase in number and everyone is doing it again, it's gonna get worse.
I'm just glad at the age of 57 I can say I had the opportunity to experience what this once great country had to offer before it's decline.
I weep for my grandchildren.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
These law-mill zealots are creating the rope that they will

wind up hanging themselves with. The steady erosion of individual

rights is a slippery slope to navigate.

directshot

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2010
Liquor, tobacco, firearms, good drugs..... what the "H", take a stand and fight back. That really pisses them off. Makes for some real fun.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
All well and good to say. . . but the hell can we actually -do-? I vote and sign stupid petitions, even did a rally at my university (though I think most of them weren't really talking about tobacco. . .) as well as writing my congressmen, all of which amounts to nothing. Sure I'm a step ahead of 95% of people my age (literally unfortunately)in that I vote, for nation AND local elections no less, but it accomplishes diddly-squat in our numbers, even if all smokers were to start being active it might be enough, if it were just pipe smokers it -absolutely- wouldn't be enough.
Seriously, this is a real question as much as it is a satiric bitch.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Now I am stockpiling tobacco next to my ammo and guns. One of these days Pow! to the moon with these Nazi's.

Status
Not open for further replies.