Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
pipe-cartoon-725.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
PS: And if you start washing it in the sink, next year you won't even get the coal!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
On Christmas eve, before I bed down for the night, I'm leaving out a tin of McClelland's CC.

So I think I've got the Santa angle covered. :puffy:
Thanks, Kevin, for keeping the King cartoons feature(s) going.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I must get better at doing this deep cleaning, just as right now giving a salt&alcohol treatment to two of my pipes, getting rid of that faint floral scent presumably resulted of smoking St Brunos and some Condors.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
My pipes are basically spotless. They don't even have that nasty cake!
(Well, the cobs, *cough cough* .... but it's real hard to wipe the bottom of those, with the stem sticking inside the chamber like that. Ah, well, I don't believe in Santa anyway...)

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Between 2001 an 2011 I cleaned my pipes 4 or 5 times. Between 2012 and 2018 I didn't clean them, and there was no difference. Being lazy in this regard I welcomed that. Then I read a post by a potentate on another forum who advocated not cleaning for the improved taste of the accumulated tars, nicotine and resins, going so far as to say that he didn't plan on cleaning his 7 Upshalls, as that was all he smoked, until such time as the draft suffered. I liked that idea too but quit before I could test it.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I clean my pipes at least once a week. Some pipes really need it by then, by my standards, and some just barely need it. Either way, the pile of pipes gets the alcohol treatment.
You do it you way, I'll do it mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.