Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yup, so far the only Devil Anse style pipe I've had is the MM cob version, which isn't a bad pipe at all, but just doesn't give the same feeling as a briar would. There's plenty of these pipes out there to choose from, but I decided to make my own, sort of.

I came across a small canted egg style pipe with a broken stem, and felt it might fill the bill with a little work. What was left of the stem was very little, maybe an inch and a half, so it was touchy to get a workable bit. The shank was tapered too so I needed to do a little briar shaping. Ended up with a smallish pipe that is just sort of reminiscent of the original, but smokes very well. Wide open draw, so it needs to be smoked slowly.
fullsizeoutput_2147-600x453.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2154-600x466.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The murdering mountain men association doesn't do it for me, but I really like the pipe, compact with what I bet is an even larger bowl than it seems.

cerfer

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2017
I have a Moonshine Devil Anse. Love it. Much shorter bowl than yours, but that's probably made mine affordable at the time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a swell pipe, for sure. The one that holds that place on my rack is a Jerry Perry pocket pipe with a durable thick shank and amber colored stem and a tomato/pot bowl, a real trooper. Jerry saw me coming and took that from under his display at the state fair and recommended it to me. I had to prowl around the exhibit for a while, but it was the pipe I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.