PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
So Ive been looking to trade my 2009 Yamaha Raider for a sports car. I got tired of riding motorcycles and people trying to kill me. I found a great deal on a 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra Clone. the motor was a 302 bored .040 over and was up to about 352 ci. also installed was a p600b procharger and it was pushing about 7psi of boost. the car had balls. well i was driving home after making the trade and it had been raining for some time but i didnt think anything of it. when getting on the freeway i hydroplaned and lost the back end. i was able to control the car enough to not hit the guard rail or the median. unfortunately the truck that was a little wasy behind me either didnt see everything happen, or was honestly unable to avoid me and hit me. so i traded my heavily modded bike, worth about $13,000 for a heavily modded mustang which unfortunately the blue book value is only around $5,000. the car will most likely be totaled, and unless i come up with the money out of my pocket for repairs, im out about $10,000. in the end it will be close to probably $3,000 out of pocket, so we'll see if i can swing it. thanks for letting me vent. its been an awful day...

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
It's still a good day because you are still alive and not banged up like your Mustang. I know that's little comfort but that's just my 2 cents worth.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Sorry to hear that. On the other hand, luckily it was only your pocketbook that was injured.

Aug 1, 2012
I'm glad you're OK. Being a car guy I'm hurting for ya on that 'stang. I hope it works out for the best.
Sou

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Damn - sorry to hear it. That definitely classifies as a bad day - but glad to know you're unhurt.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that brother. One of my buddies died in a mustang about a year ago. You are lucky in the sense that you weren't hurt. Hopefully it will be cheaper to fix in the end.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That stinks but I'm glad you are OK. I'm not sure you you planned to use the car, but it would have qualified for collector car insurance (JC Taylor, my company, Grundy, Haggerty are the big guys). You can insure a vehicle for an agreed value. There are some restrictions - garage kept and not a daily driver. If you get another or rebuild, something to consider.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
thanks for the info. i may go that. route. didnt think that was an option as its a 95. thought it had to be older. will def be rebuilding. got to have something to show right. just a matter of how much it will cost and how i will pay for it.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Sorry to hear, as a Mustang owner I can sympathize. I came close to losing mine a few years ago on some loose gravel. Hope it all goes well for you.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I had a 1980 Mustang (it was 4 years older than me) and it tried to kill me on a daily basis by venting exhaust up through the back seat. I thought I was giddy from driving the car but the elation let up and I became suspicious. I also had my master cylinder crack while I wwas driving down a mountain. No amount of pumping the breaks stopped me. I ran every stop sign and luckily no one was hurt. The car looked like the bad guy's car from Robocop, which was a plus but it had a lot of down side.
From my limited experience, Mustangs are dangerous and I say good luck and God bless to you brave souls who drive them.
Hawk: I'm glad to hear that you are ok. Truck bites can be deadly. But, with said, that sucks about your car. I hope it turns out for the best.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had Haggerty on our '96 Impala SS. As long as it is some type of collector vehicle, they'll cover it. A Cobra should be a easy in. Best wishes to get everything resolved in a proper manner.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Things are only things.Stuff is only stuff.Your ok and nobody got hurt or killed.You are blessed my friend.Count your blessings not your losses...

Status
Not open for further replies.