PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
I have called around and none of the B&M's know of a pipe club in NOVA. The Washington Area is huge compared to most cities, 5.6 million people 2010 census, with 1.1 million in Fairfax County alone. NOVA has a greater proportion of the population to the area, so I would think somewhere there is one, I just can't find one. Richmond has one but, that is a 2.5 hours drive.
So, if anyone knows of one in the NOVA area, let me know, AND if not, would you consider joining one upon it's creation? Yes, I am thinking of starting one.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Well I finally tracked down a pipe club for NOVA. It is CAPS, Capital Area Pipes Smokers. They meet the 3rd Friday of the odd numbered months. So Jan 20 will be the next one. If you would like to attend PM me and I will give you the contact details of the president. :puffpipe:

joejumps4fun

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
I have been searching for a local pipe smokers group to join. I live near Fredericksburg, VA but I do a lot of work and travel around DC. Is there a Northern VA pipe group I could join or is there a website for the CAPS group? I've been a pipe smoker for only 3 months and I'm hoping to meet others...

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
Hey Pipeinhand I live in Fairfax county and I think it would be cool to attend. I might have a friend to bring as well. I'll send ya a PM for the info.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Shoot, I work in NOVA with some regularity and frequently spend the night in the Alexandria area. But, I'm never there on weekends. I'm curious though, where do they meet? I could use a pipe friendly place for my stays, particularly during the winter months.

joejumps4fun

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
Yes...I want to go but unfortunately I start my new job that week after 4 months of being out of work, plus when I get off work, I'm running the lights at a band concert in Arlington.......when is the next meet? Very sad I can't make it :(

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
BUMP
For those that plan ahead, it is 10 days away.
PM me for the address. Jan 20, 7PM in Fairfax city.
Meetings are every 2 months so the next one will not be until March.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
I recognize this thread is 6 years old, but still .... any pipe clubs still exist in the NoVA area? DC included?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
CAPS is still in business, check a thread here in the club section.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/capital-area-pipe-smokers-caps-may-2018-meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.