PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Is what my wife told me today before we started getting ready to go to dinner with friends.
At work, steel toe boots are required, and when I get home, I take my work boots off, and put my home boots on. They are my favorite thing to wear, ok? Haha.
So my wife made me promise not to wear my old steel toe boots to dinner, and I was giving her Hell while we were shopping. Repeating that quote in every store we went into, just to annoy her.
Then we get back home, and I'm carrying three 12 packs of soda, and asked for her help to close the Jeep hatch. As she's getting ready to close it, she steps back, right onto my foot.
I told her it's a good thing I had my steel toe boots on, or she would have crushed my toe.
Even SHE got a good laugh at that!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My organization bought me a pair of steel-toe work shoes because the union in one city required them if I was to set up our exhibit rather than hire them. They were great for mowing. They are a pretty serious weapon in a pinch I think. I'd buy another pair if I needed more shoes, but I wore out that pair.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Sounds like your wife holds "being normal" as something to aspire to. You should let her know it's okay to be who she really is.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
I have a pair of Blundstone steel toe boots that I wear all the time. They are more discreet in their "safety look" though. I once dropped a sheet of MDF on my foot and will always wear steel toes at work now, even though not technically required.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I wear metatarsals every day at work. I’ll be goddamned if I’ll wear them home.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
There never was a normal; there only was decency.
Quality has degraded a bit, but Doc Marten makes a decent steel toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.