PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
The weather man got this one right, started snowing a 9:00 PM last night and still snowing with about 20+ inches on the ground so far. Sitting here watching the snow with a fire in the fireplace, a fat cat sleeping on my lap and a pipe in my hand. To everyone in the storms path stay safe and warm.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
He got it wrong just about everywhere else then. Here it was supposed to start snowing 9PM last night. 5-8 inches.
12 noon today, still just a dusting and revised total is maybe an inch at most. I doubt even that.

Jun 27, 2016
We got 4"-6" of snow, and then it iced over and I was walking around on top of the crust earlier. Glad my neighbor lets me use his two-stage snow-blower. (Which I got running for him yesterday.) =) I just watched him clear his drive, so it should handle it.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
We got off lucky last night- had a tornado come in off the Gulf about 6 miles South of Sarasota...and it's freezing here- going down to 48 tonight...:)

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Here in central NY I've used the snowblower twice today...and need to again before days end. Otherwise it'll be too hard to push the snow. It's that wet crap.

Jun 4, 2014
Final total for my part of the Poconos was 26 inches, took an hour to dig out my house, and two hours to dig out my parents. Was my sons first big snow he had a good time playing in it.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
A much smaller more confined area got really dumped on. Some people really got hammered, mainly upper New England, but not nearly the wide area devastation predicted. Proof once again that if these people cannot call the shots on a major force like this, how the hell can they tell us the climate of 25 years from now?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Ran the snow blower twice yesterday. Got about 24 inches. I need to get out of NY. They are taxing me to death here nevermind the weather.
My monthly train pass is now up to $475 and property taxes are up to 17k. You have to give up your first born to cross a bridge.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
fitzy -
Ran the snow blower twice yesterday. Got about 24 inches. I need to get out of NY. They are taxing me to death here nevermind the weather.
My monthly train pass is now up to $475 and property taxes are up to 17k. You have to give up your first born to cross a bridge.
Where I am in NY I'm now up to 38 inches and expect another 8 inches today. 5 times I've blown out the driveway. And twice shoveled off three decks.
But I'll take this over the heat in southern states, or AZ.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Here in New England we were supposed to get walloped but it didn't happen. They were predicting 12 - 18inches generally and up to 24 - 30 in some places. We got about 6 in the Boston area. For us that's a minor inconvenience.

St. Paddy's Day is winter's wake around here. We can still get a storm or two but the snow won't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.