Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Is it me, or are good pipes getting more and more affordable?​

pm-p174508.png

The whole Nording Viking line is down to $60 at P&C

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Could it be that this line is moving slowly at P&C? I have noticed that they do this sometimes only to later return to the earlier, higher pricing. Beyond that I cannot speak to the market for Nordings. I only had one and I sold it a while back.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I think that they fell in to a good pipe at a great deal, and rather than retailing them at their market value price, they are blowing them out. Keeping stock in a warehouse costs money. Happy customers make you money.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
To me that just looks like the nording style. You see it on all the freehands.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The stem style has been common to freehands for a long time. Nording has been doing it for years. Same with Preben Holm. It was also common on the Stanwell "freehandesque" machine-made pipes.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I have a nording freehand and I assure you the stem does not look like that

Isn't it funny how a pipe can repulse and appeal to different people? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. That said, his Valhalla line has been priced at bargain basement prices for quite a while. Milan used to carry most of the line for about $65 a pipe, and all under $100. His pipes generally have been on the cheap end for quite a while. For several months I was able to buy every one of the pipes in two of the Valhalla style for two at a time. Great smokers, all of them.
This one just happens to not appeal to me. Most of his straight billiards, also, just don't impress me also. But, despite the gag reflex, I bet this one smokes like a champ.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Just looked over there and all of the stems seem to look this way. I have a Nording freehand natural that smokes fine as I hope this one will also.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The different online sites come up with some remarkable bargains. I think the PC pipe buyer works hard at locating lots (groups) of pipes at unusually low prices. I'd never seen a Stanwell for $49.95 until they offered their brushed brown and black series. SP came up with 30% (I think it was) off on Ser Jacopo pipes, but it only happened once that I know of. Tobacco too, if you watch our sponsor sites ... where a lot of the action is. That is an odd stem on the Nording, but I think it's just a style.

Status
Not open for further replies.