PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronbear

Lurker
Feb 7, 2012
Iv just come across Erik Nording pipes ,I want one! such beauty , any of you guys own one, whats your thoughts and experiences of them?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Over the past 40 years I've really developed a relationship with this one...

Nording3.jpg
Nording8.jpg

I told Mrs. Cortez (aka. Shoe Lady) that in case of a fire,

I'm taking the dog and the Nording. She's on her own. :rofl:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I dont own a Nording as yet. But I will say quality is his priority when it comes to making pipes. I have held some and cried because I didnt have the funds to buy it...same with a few Wileys.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I love nordings, and the great thing is that you can get a ncie one for under 100 bucks. Of course the high end ones can go for over 500, it depends on what you want to spend. He is doing some really cool things with stems too. It was fun meeting him at the Briary event in January.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I have 3 Nordings and LOVE them!! I have pics of my 2 newest.....
Point Clear Freehand

IMG_1428.jpg

Virgin Grade #2

IMG_1429.jpg

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I have one that I bought back in the late '70's, and it's still one of the best smokers I have. It's hard to go wrong with a Nording.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Yep, I have a Nording I stole from a pipe shop in Kentucky. There's a story behind that "theft" LOL. And yes, I did pay for it after the fact. It's a great smoker and one of my favorite pipes.
Nording01.jpg

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Nording pipes can be had for reasonable prices on the estate market and many can be seen at the pipe shows. The higher grade pipes have some beautiful grain and prices will reflect that accordingly. Over the years my experience has been truly enjoyable smoking Nording pipes. There are many shapes available be it straight stem or bent freehand pipes. My recommendation is a definite thumbs up.

vegasblue

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2012
Something about my two Nordings seem to bring out the best in any tobacco i can shove in it. love the style and I plan on getting more. I don't think you'll be sorry with one, and you don't have to go broke to get one either.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I have 2 freehands and love them allthough one I have never smoked. The unsmoked one I got directly from Enishrik Nording and is a unfished pipe he signed in person on a US tour a few years back.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I agree that they're well made and come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, finishes and price points.
I personally feel they do some of the UGLIEST rustication I've ever seen, but to each his own.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Hhmmm, I have always been told that Nordings arent worth smoking. This thread may change my mind into grabbing one at some point

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I own one, and I enjoy smoking it. While the rustication might not be the best, on this pipe it is not horrible, defiantly hides a flaw, but smokes real well. I would buy another.

Status
Not open for further replies.