Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I was lucky to snag one of those pipes Kyleweiss was selling, the Nording 20. It arrived today, after a long rough day at work, and it made my day 100% better. It's a lovely pipe, and I imagine it wasn't easy to let this one go. So thanks, Kyle. I promise it found a great new home.
I'm tired and lazy tonight so I'm just going to borrow Kyle's photo of the pipe. It's a bit darker in person, a little more golden in color, and the stem is more of an orange than it is yellow... all of which makes me love the pipe that much more. It's absolutely lovely :mrgreen:
40630677495_b6a9030733_c.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Love my Nordings and that one is extraordinary.
I'm a big fan as well. I had been wanting a grade 20 for some time, but was believing it would probably never happen.
Anthony, the stem on that is quite striking. Lovely.
I've also, for quite some time, wanted a Nording with what I call the "bumble bee stem. It is indeed striking, much more so in person. Two white whales down with this one. I'm extremely pleased.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
good looking pipe! I would love to see a close up of each panel if you have time.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That's an absolutely beautiful pipe, Anthony! I have a 15 with the same stem work. Your name for it is much more polite than mine. I refer to mine as my "bee's butt" pipe! These high grade Nordings are great pipes.

Jan 8, 2013
I refer to mine as my "bee's butt" pipe! These high grade Nordings are great pipes.
That they are, Jesse. I remember seeing your 15 and referring it to it as the "bee's butt" pipe. :rofl: It is a fitting name. There's another at Smokingpipes, a "19" with the "bee's butt" stem unsmoked for a fairly low price. It's beyond my limit at this time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes when a pipe maker offers a whole range of pipes, you don't know whether to go high-end, if you'd get substantially more for your money. With Nording, you feel confident you do. I don't have a grade 20, but my wife gave me an up-market pipe to go with my more medium range and one econo-range pipe, and you get a definite step up, even though all the pipes are excellent. The econo-pipe (an Eriksen) is a tough little pocket pipe. The rustication is strictly factory formula, but everything is tight and sturdy. So with Nording, I know the high end is worth its price point, no question.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd rather have an up-market Nording than a pipe that announces itself by brand as expensive.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"upmarket Nording" -- I'd rather have a Nording, period. Like Savs, never had a bad one yet. I've had at least 8 that I can remember just off the top of my head.
"love everything about this pipe" -- I can dang well bet you do. MEGA score on that one. Smoke it in good health!

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Beautiful pipe. Kyle is one of the few great guys.
Course the guys here are great guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.