PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I recently picked up a nording free hand. Love this damn thing. BIG bowl , and smokes cool.. ran a bowl of mystic, and chased it with black frigate. (I normally rest my pipes a day, except meers) but this one never got warm!.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Beside how it looks. AWESOME.. it smokes incredible.. made my decision for my next pipe to be a nording spruce over the chacom elephant .

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I picked up an early 90's late 80's Nording freehand last spring. I smoked a few bowls in it and it smoked great, but I never quite fell in love with it.
A proposed trade for it never materialized and so it sat in the closet for some months. A few weeks ago I decided to pull it out again and I'm glad I did. I'm still getting used to the shape and the feel of it in my hands, but its growing on me and it does smoke superbly...cool and dry.
Not sure if I'll ever get another, but I'm not giving this one up :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have several, at several price levels, all good. You get a sturdy and excellent smoker at the low end, and increased design and finish as you climb the ladder. If you spend hundreds on a Nording, you'll get your money's worth

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wordings are excellent. I have several, including one of the first pipes I ever bought, a dress dunham that has an enormous chamber. Don't neglect their straight Hunter's billiards; I had a Woodstock but was forced to sell it, but it's was worth every penny.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Next to my Petersons, Nordings are the most prevalent in my collection, having 5 and think they're fine pipes. One of them is a hunter, the Beaver, my only pipe with bamboo and the only pipe I've seen Nording do with bamboo.

Jan 8, 2013
the Beaver, my only pipe with bamboo and the only pipe I've seen Nording do with bamboo.
You can find some Nording graded pipes with Bamboo at Smokingpipes.
Edit: First link didn't work. Here's a link to one of them.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Nording/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=295030

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I got one last month & was bellyaching about the shiny varnish & being hot.

It was me & a psycho mental thing because I never had one as varnished like it was.

Now it & my Ben Wade freehand are my favorites.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
instymp, seems like Nording does OK with the "shiny varniah" thing in that the ones I have look quite attractive with their application of it. None of mine get hot.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
another bowl. This damn thing is Fantastic. I wound up smoking 3 bowls last night and it never got hot!!! my kinda pipe!!! Woof!

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I bought it from Smoking pipes.. Its a free hand.. Im still stooped on pics.. I dunno how...

Status
Not open for further replies.