PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
A day ago I was out walking when I saw a man walking behind Me. If I would slow down so would He and if I would walk a bit faster He would too. I crossed the road and yep so did He. At one point I stopped walking and looked around He did the same. I could not take it any longer and said can I help You with something, He said no I then said why are You doing what I'm doing. He said that He was just enjoying My smoke that it smelled good. He then told Me He was 61 years old and never smoked in His life. I had others tell Me they liked the smell of My pipe but this is the 1st that I had someone trail Me just to smell My pipe smoke. I was smoking a Vanilla blend.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
was at a farmers market this summer and was smokin ammphora red. couple of older guys started argueing over what i was smokin. One guy asked me how much i paid for my baccy. when i told him $19.00 plus taxes he laughed. He said he quit years ago but when he first started smokin he paid a dime!!!!!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I can't decide if that is cool or just disconcerting...I have this picture in my head of you opening the living-room curtains one morning, and this guy is standing there, inhaling deeply...perhaps I shouldn't have watched that Criminal Minds marathon before bed last night.
was at a farmers market this summer and was smokin ammphora red. couple of older guys started argueing over what i was smokin. One guy asked me how much i paid for my baccy. when i told him $19.00 plus taxes he laughed. He said he quit years ago but when he first started smokin he paid a dime!!!!!
Damn; I'm on the wrong end of the country. In B.C., it would be an arguement on how fast I would be written a ticket for smoking in public....never mind Amphora running $6.00 a pouch cheaper!

Wonder if I could talk the wife into a cross nation move; I've already got her convinced that the city of Vancouver has nothing more to offer us but taxes and a ridiculous cost of living...

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Hey, as long as he's just commenting on your smoke and not talking about how much he wants to wear your skin or anything crazy like that!!!

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Sorry to say that, I would have probably popped him in the mouth first then asked what he was doing... I guess the old cop thing in me, I get very nervous when people follow me.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
It used to be so nice going to a bar that served good microbrews that you could enjoy with a pipe or cigar, but in Baltimore, and just about everywhere else i've been in recent memory, it's a thing of the past. It used to be that people who enjoyed good beer, also appreciated good tobacco.The only place for this to happen these days, is in my own home.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I used to love smoking my pipe in microbreweries because I like their beer and of course also like to smoke. All that is history now thanks to the anti-smoke crusaders.
Smokey

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
Good thing about being in the temperate zone in San Diego.. Most bars have a patio, and it's completely legal to smoke and drink outside every night until midnight. I'm not sure if it's city ordnance or county law, but only until midnight.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Good thing about being in the temperate zone in San Diego.. Most bars have a patio, and it's completely legal to smoke and drink outside every night until midnight. I'm not sure if it's city ordnance or county law, but only until midnight.

The non smokers must take off their respirators at midnight I guess. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.